baja weekend!

Northern Virgina and Washington DC

Moderator: cyphergirl

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

baja weekend!

Post by cliffhanger »

anyone interested in having a nova/dc baja get-together some random weekend this summer? maybe at a campground or something, meet to hang out, grill, discuss mods and stuff... just a thought!
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

That would be kinda cool. I can recommend the KOA campground in Staunton, VA. My hubby and I are planning a motorcycle rally (150+ people) there in June. Great campground with lots of nice amenities. If you guys were serious about doing something and can get a few people together, I can talk to my contact there and try to work out some group rates for camping.
Grimm
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Grimm »

A camping trip would be a great idea.
Another camping spot could be Holiday lake (appomatax area) It is about a 2 hour drive for me from Norfolk, VA.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

[smilie=madking.gif] alright sweet, so anyone else want to go? gotta have more than three people lol... just give a yay or nay, and maybe we can set something up for a few weeks/months from now or something (btw... you can drive from somewhere other than NOVA/DC, you're still invited [smilie=huggles.gif] )
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

yay to get togethers, maybe to camping, need much help for that...:)
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Just FYI, May 13th is "Come Camp With Us Day" at KOA campgrounds..... free camping. I'll be out of town that weekend, but some of you other local folks might want to pick a local campground and go for it. Free == good. [smilie=coolup.gif]

http://www.koa.com/comecampwithus/
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

When are we meeting? if nothing else a coffee shop or burgers at my house or on a dirt track or get a dealer to sponsor (fat chance after "the end")

Mark
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

ill meet just about anywhere (not june though) in the virginia area, this just didnt seem to gather as much attention as i had hoped..
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

I have done nothing to my truck yet, still getting odds and ends looked at by the dealer. the plans curently are stereo and maybe the lights so the fogs are independant. In a few days i will be over the 1000 mile mark and once i see the subie rep I am ready to learn what to do for fun w/this truck.... so if you want pick a weekend in May and teach me to be abuseive. If others show up more power to them

Mark
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

where do you stay at (aka where are you) :lol:
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

chevy chase near the DC line off conn ave
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

sorry opimax didnt mean to blow you off.. i have been busy, busy, busy... been skydiving every weekend so far trying to get closer to my 'A' license.. you like to mountain bike or skydive?
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

sorry , didn't see your reply!! not mountain bike but trails. went on the Katy trail in MO 250 mile vacation trip (not in shape this year though), c&o, W&OD, the smother the better....my 50 year old butt is kinda touchy...(nothing else to be read in! ) car stereo stuff too

Mark
chicken n waffles
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by chicken n waffles »

i'm bumping this TTT. we should try to actually do this. i'd even be willing to drive a couple hours if necessary. due to the rarity of our vehicles i'd say it'd be a miracle if we ever actually had a baja day. let's do it!
-Ben
'05 Baja Turbo M/T
Atlantic Blue
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i would still like to, however job/time constraints will keep me from doing this. i will be leaving for about 6 or 7 months in a few weeks and have a lot of things to take care of, and since i just got back from vacation, i dont have any of it done. i think it would be an awesome idea though, perhaps the rest of the people in our area could do it anyway and take pics, i know ill have a lot of posts to catch up on when i get back.
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp