GAS PAINS!!!!!!

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

$2.86 tonite, for regular, can't believe its still goin down, even after the holiday weekend. The 2 stations in town here are at least 5 cents apart. The place I gas up always stays a bit cheaper to get some extra business from the other guy. The other place is still busy. I can't believe that people will still pay the extra 5 cents at the other station. We seem to have a bunch of idiots here. Mike
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

mbaksic wrote:$2.86 tonite, for regular, can't believe its still goin down, even after the holiday weekend. The 2 stations in town here are at least 5 cents apart. The place I gas up always stays a bit cheaper to get some extra business from the other guy. The other place is still busy. I can't believe that people will still pay the extra 5 cents at the other station. We seem to have a bunch of idiots here. Mike
Looks like middle grade dropped to $3.06 here overnight (we had to stop to fill up this morning).
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Looks like middle grade dropped to $3.06 here overnight (we had to stop to fill up this morning).[/quote]

Wow Patti, still takin you to the cleaners out there. I wonder why?? Mike
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

mbaksic wrote:
Wow Patti, still takin you to the cleaners out there. I wonder why?? Mike
No clue; our prices have always been a bit on the high-side; I presume because of our distance from the refineries in Louisianna. One of the stations I passed on the way home tonight was up to $3.16 for middle grade. I didn't pass the one that I normally fill up at (who tend to keep their prices a bit lower) so I don't know if they've raised theirs again or not.

This is crazy. I doubt we will ever see $2.xx/gal again after this summer is over. Seems like just yesterday that it was the fall of '99 and I was griping over $1.24/gal.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Kinda stuck at $2.94 right now, hope it goes down some more soon. But who knows, all we need is another hurricane to give the gas companies an excuse to raise it like crazy again. Mike