GAS PAINS!!!!!!

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

GAS PAINS!!!!!!

Post by mbaksic »

[smilie=holyshit.gif] [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Ok everyone, its time to see what kind of gas pains you have. What is everyone payin out there???? Out here in the land of cheese, in the SE corner of the state, I have seen it up to $3.59 a gallon, for regular unleaded reformulated. Whats it by you now?? I hate to see what it will top out at, but lets see what you all are payin, or paining your wallet right now. Mike
Nanook
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Nanook »

Its about $2.70/gal for regular here, but the huracane price hike hasnt hit alaska yet. I forsee great pain in my wallets near future.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Nanook, thats not bad yet, I gassed up tonite, and it was $3.19, and that was at a BP station. A guy down the street, a no name station, was at $3.25. Needless to say, the no name station had no business at all when I went by. Keep us informed about what happens up by you. And everyone else chime in with what they are payin out there. Mike
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Local gas prices are about $1.20 a litre here (4.54 a gallon)

race gas at local track 110 oct. = 3.54/L (13.40/gal.)

Bob
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

Out here in Illinois the price is anywhere from $3.19 - $3.35.

Isn't it weird before it got to $2.00 a gallon everyone said if it gets to $2.00 they won't be driving much anymore, and here we are at above $3.00 and still going up.

Is there a limit to where you guys will only drive to work and back?

I only have to drive about 7 miles to work, how about everyone else.

Fuzzy
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

No limit to my driving. I drive about 60 miles a day back and forth to work. Hope that changes some day and I get a job closer to home. Other than that, I still go everywhere I want to go. They have you by the short hairs. You need the gas no matter what, so you have to pay, or stay at home and do nothin. I looked today, and gas down to $3.17 in town here. Mike
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Bob, I can't figure out why you pay so much extra for gas up north of the border. From what I understand, most of our gas around here comes from Canadian refineries, so you would figure the gas should be about the same. Do you have extra taxes or somethin that gets it so high?? Mike
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Do you have extra taxes or somethin that gets it so high??

You nailed it right there. It's a real sore point and people are getting angry with the fed. goverment for ripping them off. Thing is the feds are loving this cash cow too much to ever give us a break.

Bob
Nanook
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Nanook »

still no price change here, i think were too close to the alaskan refineries to make much of a diffrence. Although from what i hear fairbanks and anchorage are already feeling the pinch of gas prices.
Scoob43
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Scoob43 »

3.85 for 93...Which sux but since the wife got the turbo we cant go any lower then 93 :cry: We filled up the other day and it came to 40.00 and it wasnt empty...2/3 left i would say....
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Still at $3.17 tonite when I filled the tank. Has gone down a bit, but not much. Hey Bob, we pay lots of money in gas tax. The state tax goes up automatically every year, its state law!! Hows that for a screw job. If I remember, we have about $.40 a gallon right now. They talk about repealing it, but it will never happen, because of all the money the state would loose, and politicians don't want to work hard to find another way to fund things. That doesn't include the federal tax, thats even more money. Mike
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

93 went up as high as $3.89 here, over $4.00 at some stations in Boston.

Why was diesel 20-30 cents more than regular unleaded before all this happened? Diesel prices didn't change. Makes no sense.

I have been using the '78 Brat as a daily driver.
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
Nanook
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Nanook »

Just went up to 2.78 for reg, almost 3 for premium.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Just went down here to $2.96. Wow, I thought it would take longer to break the $3.00 barrier goin back down. Hope it continues to drop, I still spent $42.00 tonite to fill up, the tank was almost dry. Mike
Nanook
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Nanook »

2.81-2.90 for regular, and 3.06 for premium.