Another northern oddity

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Another northern oddity

Post by bajabob »

If you think people look at your Baja funny wait till you get these in the states -

http://www.thesmart.ca/index.cfm?ID=4720

I was reminded that these are not in the US yet when I was asked what the hell was that? when one passed the show on a nearby hiway.

and it sound like we might be getting this micro sube in both Canada and the US

http://www.subdriven.com/news/publish/F ... _304.shtml

Bob
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Bob, that looks like a good idea for city driving at least. A bit small for me I guess, I don't think I could fit in it. But the way the crazy people drive aroung here in their everweight SUVs..... I can't see it happening here very soon, unless gas gets around $4.00 a gallon. Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i remember when i first saw those over in england, it took me minute to figure out i was looking at a car! they are def small. i saw them parked nose-in (perpindicular to curb) and they were no bigger than a car parked the normal way. they are pretty popular over there from what i could tell, due to space saving design, and who can beat 63mpg? that on a baja would be over 900 miles per tank, even over a thousand if youve got a n/a baja! uhm, wow...
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Well, with gas goin up to $3.00 a gallon around here, and no end in site, maybe they should get off their asses and get the thing approved for sale here. They plolly would sell pretty good now. Mike
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Yeah, when I aw that goin by on the highway it caught my attention for sure! Now thats a highway hockey puck if I ever saw one!