A new hobby

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

bajafresh
Scoobytruck Contributer

A new hobby

Post by bajafresh »

Dear Scoobytruck,

I'm currently in the market for a new hobby ( besides the baja of course ;) ). Problem is I have no ideas of what hobby I should take up. Does anybody have any ideas of a cool hobby that help feel my free time and add a dimension to my forever evolving character?

Luv,
-J
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Hobbies are tuff. Do you like to collect items? If so, perhaps stamps or coins or those spoons which have a U.S. state on them. Do you like to build? Maybe woodworking (ala the New Yankee Workshop on PBS). Get a mountain bike and hit the trails.. or a kayak and hit the river! The sky is the limit!!
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Photography is one hobby you can tie into other intrests fairly well - take pics of you baja or go nuts at a car show (this is what got me into it). If your a geek like me the photoshop end of things is a lot of fun. I also preferr to hide behind my camera rather than get my own pic taken at gatherings. Or home theater could be another toy to play with - movies rock on an 8'+ screen and having a beefed up home stero is allways a plus.

Bob
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by blubaja03 »

Car modeling!!! It rapes your wallet like anyother hobby. Go offroading. When you break stuff..knock on wood...you can spend money too. Bowling..what's more fun [smilie=geesturbed.gif]

Frank X.

p.s. a nice site to learn modeling is http://www.automotiveforums.com ->goto the automotive art section -> car models. enjoy.
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

Buy a really old car/truck and restore it... spend your rainy day hours on ebay looking for parts and the nice days working outside in the sunshine. Parts are cheap and when you score one you've been hunting down, it's a great feeling!

Our current projects are my '78 Brat which is almost done, and Tim's 1950 Ford F-1 pick up. I call it the "Jeep-in-Ford-Clothing". The frame and drive train are from a Jeep Wagoneer, so it's 4WD.

There are so many great project cars/trucks on ebay... check it out and catch the bug!
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
bajafresh
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bajafresh »

Thanks! I like the photography idea it seems like something that I could combine with all aspects of my life. Now I'll have to do some research on it! :D
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

bowling, skydiving, playing pool, mountain biking, and working on/driving the baja!! these are my hobbies [smilie=hellyeah.gif]