What did you trade in/get rid of for your Baja?

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

What did you trade in/get rid of for your Baja?

Post by yellowblaze »

Our trade was a 93 Bronco.  Loved the truck-probably would have bought another one if Ford still made them.  She had 256,000 miles on the original 302 when we traded her.  Here she is at the dealer...a sad & happy day:<br><br>Image<br><br>Edit, whoa, thats a big pic!  Sorry bout that, I didn't realize we took it in the bigger rez setting!!!  fell free to shrink that jaxed! :o
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: What did you trade in/get rid of for your Baja

Post by bajabob »

Traded in on the Baja - 95 BMW 540i that I had owned for two years. It was an amazing car to drive but a nightmare to get work done on. My vehicle history includes<br>90 chev Z71 stepside <br>81 gmc jimmy 2wd<br>80 corvette<br>78 suburban<br>78 chev malibu<br>68 plymoth valiant<br><br>Bob
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I traded my 97 Park Avenue for the Baja, and sold my 93 Cherokee to a friend of my brother. Park Ave was a nice car, but was up to 123,000 miles. One good thing was that it got as good a mileage as the Baja, and better on the highway.  ;DThe Cherokee I had owned for 9 1/2 years, and was the BEST vehicle as far as repairs and such that I have owned so far. ;D It had 190,000 miles on it when I sold it. I hope the Baja can make it as far as the Cherokee with nothing major going wrong with it. So far, so good, has 37,000 miles on it, and I haven't been back to the dealer since I bought it at 17,000 miles. Was back once for a recall by the previous owner, and that was it for dealer service.  
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

I traded my '97 Mustang GT.  :(<br><br>I loved that car, but it left my husband on the side of the road -- he decided that it was outta here.  
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i traded in my 2003 pontiac grand prix... boy that was a nice car. i owned it for about 9 months, and everything was going great... 'til i saw my first baja, that was... and i decided that i had to have one!! ;D
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=cyphergirl link=board=offtopic;num=1107743259;start=0#3 date=02/12/05 at 13:11:07]I traded my '97 Mustang GT.  :(<br><br>I loved that car, but it left my husband on the side of the road -- he decided that it was outta here.  [/quote]<br><br><br> :-[  I woulda kept the Stang AND bought the Baja!!  I love the Baja as a DD-I can't imagine giving up my 00 stang vert for it though (course the stang is a summer nice day show car/cruiser, so I wouldnt have to worry about that)..<br><br>Any pics?<br>
pittymk

Post by pittymk »

Traded the wifes 00 Isuzu Rodeo, we loved the looks of the rodeo when we bought it but I got real mad very quickly due to the constant check engine lights, check tranny lights and the lack of support from local garages due to the quirks the SUV had. It had no Tranny fluid dip stick, no-one other than an Isuzu dealer would touch the Tranny, The spark plug system was screwy, the 4wd was wierd. So after a very frustrating year with the rodeo I finally got the wife into a Suby.  We both love my WRX so we fugured another Suby was the way to go.  She suprised me by picking the baja after saying she hated them.  We went with an 05 NA Auto, we got it a few grand cheaper than an 04 Turbo they had on the lot.  We've had it for almost 2 months now and she loves everything about it.
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

[quote author=yellowblaze link=board=offtopic;num=1107743259;start=0#5 date=02/13/05 at 21:43:12]<br><br><br> :-[  I woulda kept the Stang AND bought the Baja!!  I love the Baja as a DD-I can't imagine giving up my 00 stang vert for it though (course the stang is a summer nice day show car/cruiser, so I wouldnt have to worry about that)..<br><br>Any pics?<br>[/quote]<br><br>I think I've got some pics at home that I can post up.  I loved that car, but it was the second time that it had to be towed (first time the intake coolant bypass *shattered*, and the second time it was the alternator), so John no-longer trusted it as my daily driver.  Of course, it didn't help that we had just put $400 into maint and fixing 3 days prior (leaky differential cover).  Oh, and I also replaced the idle air control valve *twice* in two years and the paint was peeling off in SHEETS.  Grumble...<br><br>I loved that car, but I guess I just got the lemon.<br>
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I know that feeling. :'( I got my mom into a 98 Grand Cherokee that we took in trade at work. We spent about $3,000.00 on it before it hit the lot.  :oShe bought it, along with an extended warranty. Everything and anything breaks on the darn thing. :'(I figured that with all the money we spent on it at work that it would be a nice vehicle for her. The warranty company has spent about $7,500.00 on it so far, and are really mad. Pretty soon they won't fix it anymore. I hope to get her into something else as soon as she has this piece of crap paid off. My dad wants her to buy a Suby, since mine has not been back to the dealer since I bought it. She has driven my Baja and likes it, so I told her we should have her drive a Outback and see if she likes it.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
phillybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by phillybaja »

didn't actually trade it in because the dealer just laughed when i told him my current car was a 1988 pontiac sunbird with 78000 miles on it.

salvation army got it. :D
2005 n/a monterey silver
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

Traded in my 04 Jeep wrangler (the 4th Wrangler I've owned). It was tough to do as I absolutely love Jeeps, however, the drawbacks were just too much. It got around 14mpg, the brakes were terrible, driving in the wind on the highway was nerve racking and it couldn't easily transport my kayaks and surfboards to and from the beach (which I do every weekend April-September). Someday I'm sure I'll own a beater Jeep for around town but for now the Baja perfectly suits my needs.
cminter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by cminter »

Traded my 1994 Wrangler with 150k miles for the Baja. The jeep was just too small for the four of us. I still miss the Jeep but the Baja does everything better, except trail riding. I could be wrong but don't see the Baja as a crawler without a low range. Time to jump the lake and hit the dunes in Michigan.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I traded in my 03 Baja 5spd that i had for 1 yr.Had to have the Turbo. :D
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

Traded my 6 month old POS '04 Hyundai Elantra GT. Trying to pass on the highway, the passing gear would quit half way through the pass. Car shook beween 70 and 73 mph. Truckers loved to screw with me... crawling up into my trunk. That car was dangerous!
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

I was supposed to inherit a 2k2 Camry but family changed that. I had a pretty beat 87 accord dx that I got 200 for... so those 2 vehicle were replaced w/the Baja. It is my daily driver and my g35 coupe is the weekend/long trip toy

Mark