Hood Swap, anyone?

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Hood Swap, anyone?

Post by cliffhanger »

I would like to trade someone my Baja Turbo Hood for a Baja Sport Hood. Doesn't matter what color to me, I will get it painted when it gets here if I have too. Straight up trade, each of us would just pay shipping each way. Any takers? :D
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Ok Cliff, now for the dumb question, why do you want to swap out hoods?? Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Im guessing Front mount intercooler means no need for a scoop, so why not go stealth.
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

I'm kinda curious how a silver hood would look on a black Sport.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

Hawk296 wrote:Im guessing Front mount intercooler means no need for a scoop, so why not go stealth.

ahhh, you figured me out.... yes, I'm getting a fmic, should be in before the month is up. we will see i suppose. however, stealth/surprise is also what I want to give to the "naysayers" who look at the baja and laugh... I'll show them :lol: plus, I'm curious as to how a silver hood would look on a white/silver baja...
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

well, I'm still up for hood trades... got the fmic in, looks sweet! Also, if anyone is interested, I still have a stock tmic, stock front and rear swaybars, stock rear endlinks, stock spare tire, and oem 6 disc indash cd changer. probably some other stuff too. later
370 awhp
Newscutter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Post by Newscutter »

That's an interesting idea. I have on 03 silver standard and would entertain the notion of a swap for a similarly good condition (and silver) turbo hood. 'Course that in dash CD changer would be on the table too! 8)

Trouble is I don't at all relish the idea of going hoodless... nor removing/packing/installing a hood on my own.

Plus my wife would think me nuts.

But it is a very interesting idea. If you happen to make a roadtrip near Pittsburgh (or I through VA) then maybe it would be a better idea.

MCS

*edited*
WAIT --- is your current hood WHITE?? I think I misread that. Repaint is a no-go for me-- NEVERMIND. :shock:
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Hood Swap, anyone?

Post by yellowblaze »

You wouldn't be interested in a yellow one, would you? I'd have to run the road trip by the other half, but we could meet and swap them. We are planning on repainting the body cladding this fall, and could have the hood done at the same time.