Looking for a rear 06 subframe.

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

InhumanJ
Scoobytruck Lurker

Looking for a rear 06 subframe.

Post by InhumanJ »

Looking for rear crossmember/subframe. Part# 20152AE03A for an 06' Baja Sport. Located in northern NJ.
MikeECFL
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Looking for a rear 06 subframe.

Post by MikeECFL »

My 04 Baja rear subframe (20152AE03A) is in need of replacement. I checked various sources. The dealer shows the part NLA and a different part number from the 03 Baja (lower ride height) and the Outback/Legacy subframes that are still available from the dealer.
I used car-part.com to search salvage yards and found several subframes. I bought a complete rear suspension for $400 off a 05 Baja located near Palatka Florida. The subframe alone was priced at $250.
I searched the SE area and found ones available at Reeds Auto Parts Easley SC 864 859 0534 and Southern Auto Salvage near Atlanta GA. 404 362 0671. (For reference, the salvage yard item number for the rear subframe is 477)
I was fortunate that the one in Palatka was already pulled from the car and could easily be inspected and photographed before I drove there for pickup.
I also found one in Ca at Rancho Cordova Euro and Subaru recycling, cost was $350 but freight was also $350.
On eBay I found no Baja subframes only for Outback’s etc.
There is a company named CarPart Direct that shows an incorrect picture of a Baja subframe and lists it as available, however they did not respond to my email inquiry and their reviews are very very poor.
Upon cleaning and painting the subframe, I did see that it is stamped “BAJA” in approx 1/2 inch letters located on the aft cross member at about the 2 o’clock position to the right differential mount bushing should you find one already removed from the vehicle, this can help confirm it’s origin.
Good luck in your search.
hobierandy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Looking for a rear 06 subframe.

Post by hobierandy »

There is a guy on phila CL with turbo for parts but he is a bit of a tool. But might be worth dealing with him. Good Luck