RIMS PLEASE HELP

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

RIMS PLEASE HELP

Post by holland_patrick »

Is this fix able I did it today and I'm not sure If not what should i do I like the stock look does anyone have one or a set they are getting rid of? Too bad I missed Gun metal ones on ebay...

Image Image

Any notees on wheel size and Off set would be helpfull
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

The rim doesn't look to bad from the photo - you best bet would be go to a tire shop and have them remove the tire to check for dammage. All the rim may need is a little file work and some paint but I would be worried about sidewall dammage to the tire. If the tire needs to be replaced you might wind up getting full set if the original is to worn - tire dia must match closely. If your like me the stock rims become the winter rims with snow tires and get new rims/tires are for summer. My summer tires are 225/55-17 on a 17x7.5 wide rim. 48mm positive offset with 5 bolts on 100mm bolt circle.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Thats not too bad in the damage dept. There are places that can fix it. We have had alot of bent up aluminum wheels on body shop cars, and they send em out and have them fixed up, and straightened out. Check with a body shop to see who they use for stuff like this. Mike
pdiz

Re: RIMS PLEASE HELP

Post by pdiz »

holland_patrick wrote:Is this fix able I did it today and I'm not sure If not what should i do I like the stock look does anyone have one or a set they are getting rid of? Too bad I missed Gun metal ones on ebay...

Any notees on wheel size and Off set would be helpfull
I have the gunmetal wheels on my '05 Turbo. They are perfect with 2.5K miles on them. I'm looking to replace with gold STI wheels, but don't want the tires since I need to go up in sidewall size. Let me know (anyone) if you're interested in my OEM gunmetals with tires and how much you want to pay. Shipping would probably be a killer ($100 or so?). I'm in Southern California.