Fuel Brand vs. Gas Mileage vs. Savings

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Fuel Brand vs. Gas Mileage vs. Savings

Post by RickBaja06 »

I would like to know if anyone has data to showing that there are benefits running higher priced gas, lets say from Mobil compared to a lower priced gas from Cumberland Farms.

Octaine grades are 93
Price saving is about 5 cents a gal, comparing Mobil to Cumberland Farms.

Thanks
Rick
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

Dyson Analysis has the kind of information you seek. However, I caution you that the information may be hugely expensive or simply protected (i.e. unavailable for disclosure) in the way you appear to be looking for it.

Also, the very limited information I have on this topic tells me that price in and of itself is not a good predictor.
motojak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by motojak »

Ive read before that shell and chevron are the best quality. I try to always fill up at the Chevron station(especially before I hit a quarter tank). I dont know if youll get better gas mileage from it but quality wise its supposed to be better. And I always avoid Citgo (even though every 8 out of 10 stations around here are citgo) for political reasons.
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I go to Chevron all the time now as well. I used to go to Arco due to it being cheaper but then I decided to ask around about various fuel types from people into cars, etc. After listening to them, I have decided on sticking with Chevron even though they do tend to be a little more pricey.