$15 for 1 trim plug plastic hole plug trim on bedliner!

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

$15 for 1 trim plug plastic hole plug trim on bedliner!

Post by davecoon13 »

If you look on the outside of the Baja's rear truck bed, there are round plugs every few inches in the plastic bedliner trim on the outside of the bed, with holes underneath. Shortly after I installed my Ozzbros cover, I realized one of those caps was missing from the outside lip on the tailgate. I called the dealer to order one of those little plastic peg caps, and on the Phone the dealer said they cost $1.50 each. When I went to the dealer, it was $15 plus tax.

I bought it because I don't want water to get inside the tailgate. I temporarily had a trim molding plug intended for GM Cars that I stuck in the hole and was holding with Silicone, but it did not look the greatest, but I wanted to keep rust out of that hole.

$15 for one little screwplug. Next time, I will call the auto salvage yard to see if they have any Bajas there.

If they get $15 for one plastic trim plug, I fear if I ever have to replace something like a starter or something more serious...no telling how much they will charge.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Wow, and I thought that our parts dept. at work raped everyone!! Those guys are good!!!! They should be ashamed. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

I remember reading about these plugs in a post over at NASIOC, that they weren't cheap. I think they are also damaged easily when trying to remove them.

-Pow
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I remember that too, if you are not really careful, it will cost you a bunch to get new ones. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
peiboy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by peiboy »

I read that post over at the NASIOC as well - there is a way to remove the plugs without damaging them. It involves using a small screwdriver to press the clips in while removing the cap. I have not tried it yet - I plan on it this spring when I install a GPS antenna.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

For the plastic caps for mine they were like $8.56 each