Maaco Paint Job? I want a bright Green or Purple Baja.

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Maaco Paint Job? I want a bright Green or Purple Baja.

Post by davecoon13 »

I have an 03 Baja Sport, and want it in either Green or Purple. I have the silverstone one now.

Would Maaco be able to paint the Baja? I wonder if it would be cost effective for them to paint it? Would there be any specific secrets tricks they might not be familiar with, I mean it's not like a standard car.

Also, I wonder if the body cladding were removed, could the holes be filled in with Bondo, for a smoother look on the doors?

It seems like there is lots of plastic on the Baja, from the Body cladding, to the bumpers, to the rear liscence plate surround, etc. I guess with new paint technology they can seamlessley blend plastic and metal.

Since I have the Sport model, my side view mirrors are black. I wonder if Macco could paint them to match if I decide to get the whole car painted.

Also, can somebody point me to the NAISOC forum that explained how to remove the roll bars? I think I want to powder coat the roll bars. I think Mr. Jalapeño did it?
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Someone did have thiers painted purple, saw a pic somewhere recently. Reminded me of the color they put on rangers. Remember that the door jambs and under the hood will prolly not get painted for a cheapie job.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

yellowblaze wrote:Someone did have thiers painted purple, saw a pic somewhere recently. Reminded me of the color they put on rangers. Remember that the door jambs and under the hood will prolly not get painted for a cheapie job.
Does someone have a picture of the Purple Baja? I want either a deep Ford Ranger type purple or a Forester Green. I've seen cheapie Maaco jobs, but who cares about door jambs or under the hood? Maybe I could pay a little extra for a mid-grade maaco job. I wonder if I get body rust would SOA claim that the paint invalidated the warranty?

How hard would it be to find leather seats at a salvage yard? I was going to bid on ebay, but they did not have the headrests for the back seats.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Well there was the frogskin exterior option that wasn't as popular as the leather-

a joke photoshop I made up a while ago, it might give you an idea what a green baja would look like.

Bob
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

bajabob wrote: a joke photoshop I made up a while ago, it might give you an idea what a green baja would look like.

Bob
Yes, I remember seeing this, I like the frog eyes. I want a deeper green, like Forresters have. There is also a purpleish blue color on some Outbacks/Forresters that I have considered.

Unless Maaco can paint or remove the body cladding, I don't want a two-tone design. I got the silverstone because I don't like the two-tone. The bumblebee yellow wasn't bad, but it was not available, and a black baja would get too hot inside. I should have waited until 2004 so I could get a blue baja from the factory.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Maaco is sketchy. My friend got his GL wagon painted there, it was horrible, and they even painted over his washer nozzles so he couldnt wash his windows.

Another friend got his BRAT painted there and it turned out really really bad.

But I agree... Hunter Green FTW!
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Here's the purple Baja, found it on nasioc

I agree with the green though!!
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

yellowblaze wrote: I agree with the green though!!
Thanks for the pic. Maybe I will go with green after seeing this pic.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

davecoon13 wrote:
yellowblaze wrote: I agree with the green though!!
Thanks for the pic. Maybe I will go with green after seeing this pic.

closer but I thing a british racing green might look good.

Bob
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Dark green

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

I like both the racing green and dark green shown here. Nice Photoshop job.

The dark green, is that real or Photoshopped?
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Hawk296 wrote:Dark green

/\ This one looks wicked... this green>purple
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

davecoon13 wrote:I like both the racing green and dark green shown here. Nice Photoshop job.

The dark green, is that real or Photoshopped?
Photoshop. :wink:
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

That would have been a real hard choice between that and yellow if had been a color option. Of course, since I did the hunting, it prolly would have been that Green (yellow was my hubby's one and only choice)...
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

I definitely want the dark hunter green color. Once I pay off the car note, I am gonna go to Maaco with this Photoshop printout in hand. Thanks for the wonderful effort!!!