Drivers window sticks on opening

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Patricia
Scoobytruck Lurker

Drivers window sticks on opening

Post by Patricia »

:roll: I need a little advice, on my window, it seems that when I open the door it drops about 1/4 of an inch, which caused the window to get caught up at the top of the rubber seal....I brought it into the dealership to get it adjusted and they told me that that is normal & that it is supposed to work that way?? And if they make any adjustments, that I would only get wind noise and problems. Somehow I don't trust their answer, but before I proceed with doing anything about this, I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. My BAJA is a 2005, and I have only had it a few months....Thanks for any advice :?
2005 BAJA Turbo
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I dont have an answer on how to fix it, but I think my drivers door slightly drops when I open it too.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
hookupny
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by hookupny »

Mine does it as well... did it since day one...Baja issue they told me. I learned to live with it.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Find a dealer who is willing to adjust the door/window. This can be fixed, I used to do it all the time on the old Oldsmobile Cutlass Supremes that had frameless glass. Its a crappy warranty job, and they don't want to get involved. They obviously don't want to take good care of their customers. We used to do this all the time. It is a very time consuming job, lots of test drive time involved, and since its a warranty job, it pays crappy. Just my 2 cents worth. Mike
elfranco
Scoobytruck Lurker

Window adjustment

Post by elfranco »

I also have a 2005 Baja that had the same problem, although perhaps not as extreme. I had it adjusted at my Dealer. I have a great relationship with everyone at the Dealership. They took care of it the first time, and it has not been a problem since.
Regards,
Franco
2005 Baja T auto
white/silver
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

My 2005 Baja also does the same thing. I figured it was just my car. I think I am going to mention this at the dealership, warranty work is warranty work.

Fuzzy
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Franco, glad to hear that some dealers out there will take care of warranty issues with no problem, its how we do things at the Dodge stealership every day.
Fuzzy, just don't mention the problem, ask them to fix it. If they don't, or won't, go over their head to the dealer rep and complain. That usually gets there attention. We deal with this kind of crap every day, and if the factory gets involved, the
"s--t hits the fan", and you can usually gets some results. Mike
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Mine stuck kinda bad this morning... my wife asked if I had trouble opening the door.

I said yes.

Hmmm may need to take it in next week to get the door/window adjusted. :(
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
bajabeauty

Wind noises in front psgr windows

Post by bajabeauty »

I have had a similar thing going on too...I started having a wind noise when I drive...I thought my windows weren't rolled up all the way but they seem to be rolled up. I never had the time to go to the dealership, so I ignored it, but now both windows are doing it, and if I don't put some music on it is quite annoying. Also anyone know how to reduce the loud noises from the open sunroof? Or is this strictly design? If anyone knows of a cheap fix please do tell....I don't really have time to go to the dealership....its a far off trip to the closest one in my area.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

The sunroof is loud all by itself, and if the factory deflector sticks in the down position, it sounds like you are bein sucked out through the roof!! [smilie=holyshit.gif] I put the factory moonroof deflector on the front of mine, works really good, although it does cut down on the breeze coming into the Baja. But anything that helps to kill the noise is a blessing. The roofrack crossbows are a noisemaker too, if you have not done it yet, and don't use the roof rack, take them off, it helps alot. Mike
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

Thanks I'll try the sunroof thing...as for the doors I'll look for some weather stripping to see if that helps any.
baha
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by baha »

Seriously, get the dealer to adjust the window. We had ours fixed when we inspected the truck on the delivery. They rolled it back into the shop and fixed it in seconds. This is a very common deal that seems to affect the driver's door only. My bet it that the person who puts that door on at the factory does them all wrong. the few that come out without needing help must be assembled on his day off.

At tip for sunroofers: roll the rear windows down a bit and the horrible noise and pressure increase will go away.

I also used a nylon tie wrap to hold the popup deflector down, which completely eliminated the wind noise when driving over 30 mph.
'05 baha turbo
'03 obs