Stewart Warner gauge pack installation

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

BIGDLM
Scoobytruck Lurker

Stewart Warner gauge pack installation

Post by BIGDLM »

8) Instead of spending over $500.00 for Subaru gauge pack, I spent $290.00 for SW gauges,( Oil psi & temp., Volt & Turbo boost). Column mounted Boost gauge using a SW single gauge pod, painted Pod with Duplicolor Import Dark Grey (matches Subaru gray).
Other gauges installed as pictures show.( Oil psi & temp. gauges came with sending units, Boost came with plastic pressure line).
Purchased a new oil drain plug from dealer, drilled and tapped to fit temp sending unit. Mounted Oil psi sending unit to Intercooler and tee'd OEM Oil psi sending unit. Wrapped all wiring with Fiberglass electrical tape for heat protection. Oil psi/temp and Voltmeter have blue led backlights, Boost gauge has a green backlight to match instrument cluster lighting. To install gauge pack, I removed front Bezel from storage compartment under stereo. Then cut and painted a 1/8 " thick piece of acrylic and superglued over storage unit. Then removed excess storage compartment plastic to fit gauges, used OEM screws to secure to stero brackets. Intallation was labor intensive but well worth the money saved.Total cost $290 for gauges, $6.00 for drain plug, $20.00 for fittings/wire/connectors and paint and a full day of labor. [smilie=coolup.gif]http://bigdlm.myphotoalbum.com/view_pho ... d=IMG_0955
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Wow that looks good. Are you sure your car didnt come with those? :lol:
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Very nice, clean set up. Kudos to you. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Excellent. This is actually similar as to how I want to mount the controls for my Knight Rider light... when I have time.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

:lol: Very nice looking, looks like a factory install job. Mike
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Definatly cool. Ide go this route if I didnt already have an FXT factory gauge pack.

Any pics of them lit up at night?