check engine light

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

rfugitt
Scoobytruck Contributer

check engine light

Post by rfugitt »

Well the check engine light has come on in my 2006 after 2500 miles. The manual only offers a loose gas cap and an emission system failure as potntial causes....anyone else have any experience with this ?

I tightened the gas cap, it didnt really feel loose though. It says it will take a few times of start and stop for it to go away if this is the case.

TIA
Ray
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I have not had any probs, so I can't help you out. So far, 54,000 pleasent, trouble free miles on my 03. Take it in and get it looked at, could be almost anything, failed component, loose wire, etc. I work on Dodges, and they have lots of CEL compared to Subaru. Mike
Kacey3
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Kacey3 »

My check engine light came on while I was on a road trip from Tennessee to Texas. We stopped in Little Rock to get it checked. Turns out the O2 sensor was going bad and they replaced it - all under warantee. The manual also says if it just stays on, its a warning to be considered, but if it flashes, its something serious.

If you're still under warantee, just take it in and they'll look at it. It was no biggee for us, even on a long road trip.