Radio troubles

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Radio troubles

Post by cyphergirl »

I'm coming up on 43,000 miles and my radio appears to be quitting on me. First I completely lost all AM stations (yeah, I like news and traffic once in a while). Now my FM stations are starting to get more and more static in them -- it's been very subtle so that I didn't notice it happening, but now it's very obvious.

We haven't messed with anything; so anyone got ieas?
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

maybe the antenna? wish i could help more, but maybe the dealer knows what is wrong... sometimes i like to give things a good smack to get em going :wink: but if that doesnt work and you end up needing another oem one, ive got one guaranteed to work that i took out of mine (because i love aftermarket stereos) just give me a holler :)
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

cliffhanger wrote:maybe the antenna? wish i could help more, but maybe the dealer knows what is wrong... sometimes i like to give things a good smack to get em going :wink: but if that doesnt work and you end up needing another oem one, ive got one guaranteed to work that i took out of mine (because i love aftermarket stereos) just give me a holler :)
That might be an option. Once our move is done (moving day is the 10th), I may see if I can get John to pull the radio out and check the connections.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Sounds like antenna is where to start. It may be corroded from all of that nice winter salt, Patti. I remember fixing radios in the bad old days in the mid 80s. When the antenna was bad, you lost AM reception completly, and FM would have static. Mike
Mike Franke
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mike Franke »

Cyphegirl,

I also have a stock radio/cd player that you are welcome to, if you just pay UPS.

Let me know,

Mike
Never settle for the average
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Now that we've moved to the new house, I hope to get some time in the next couple of weeks to check things out and see if it's the antenna or the radio. (We've been very busy renovating a couple of rooms in the "new" place before the carpet arrives).

Thanks guys -- I'll let you know!