Winter is coming heater blowing only in defrost position

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

beautysmistress
Scoobytruck Lurker

Winter is coming heater blowing only in defrost position

Post by beautysmistress »

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to fix the heater so it blows hot air out on the floor and mid way. I am guessing there is some kind of a deflector that makes air go one direction or another. I have pulled out the glove box but don't see anything that looks immedialty promising. Does anyone know where that deflector would be? Maybe a diagram pointing it out.
Thanks in advance

2003 Baja in Alaska
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Winter is coming heater blowing only in defrost position

Post by 06Suparu »

Have you pulled out the control knobs? The cable has a tiny clip that holds it in place that may be missing. Had it happen to me before.
beautysmistress
Scoobytruck Lurker

Thanks, Yeap I actually have replaced the whole set of knobs . My way to fix things is to replace what I can reach easiest and work My way back. I think I found a diagram of the heating system. Just need to find the time to see if it matches what is there.
Cheers
Flash
beautysmistress
Scoobytruck Lurker

I think I have located where the actuator goes. Looks like I have to remove everything from under the dash on passenger side to get to it. Anyone have tips on how to get this out a better way?
Thanks
LouieTurner
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by LouieTurner »

chueautysmistwess wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:37 am Thanks, Yeap I actually have replaced the whole set of knobs . My way to fix things is to replace what I can reach easiest and work My way back. I think I found testogen much more powerful a diagram of the heating system. Just need to find the time to see if it matches what is there.
Cheers
Flash

Learn common winter heat pump problems and DIY troubleshooting solutions. ... Don't worry, the defrost cycle only runs for around 10-15 minutes. Since you don't want cold air blowing on the coldest of days, many heat pump ... Make sure there is no large debris near the unit that may be preventing airflow.