Daytime Running Lights

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Bill Bourne
Scoobytruck Contributer

Daytime Running Lights

Post by Bill Bourne »

Anyone know how to disable daytime running lights?
2005 Sport, Atlantic Blue Pearl, A/T
BajaJP
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BajaJP »

there was a long and detailed discussion about how to disable them on the NASIOC.COM forums. Search the past posts in the Baja thread and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. There were also instructions on how to make the driving lights operate independently of the headlights.

good luck
Jp
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I don't know if the 05 is the same as an 04,but theres a black box on the right side of the steering column i think maybe left can't remember.Theres 2 connectors that plug into this box,white & black.They plug in the backside facing the firewall.I think you unplug the white connector to disable DRLs and thats all you have to do.Good Luck :D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I haven't tried the daytime runnin lite thing yet, I did try to rewire the fog lites, but the 03 is wired different. All I got was shorts and a dead battery. It seems the 03 fog lamp relay is under the hood, so when I get bored sometime, I will look into that problem again. There has to be a way to make them work with the high beams. Mike
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

If i can remember i'll check at work to see where the relay is located.I think its behind the lower left dash panel.I know that the relay for the 03 is a round silver one & the 04 is rectangle & black.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

If I remember, there were no relays under the left side of the dash. The only one that clicked, and was marked as the fog lamp relay was in the fuse and relay center by the washer jug. I will check tomorrow and see if that is correct. Mike
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

mbaksic wrote:If I remember, there were no relays under the left side of the dash. The only one that clicked, and was marked as the fog lamp relay was in the fuse and relay center by the washer jug. I will check tomorrow and see if that is correct. Mike
Any word?
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I forgot to check, :( its been busy at work.I'll try to remember to check on tuesday when i go back to work. :)
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

So.... why disable the DRL's?

I drive with my headlights on 24/7 so I dont understand it.

ANYTHING I can do to help the moron soccer mom in her Suburban see me is worth it!
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

I like to be stealthy and unseen, especially by cops. Plus I simply like to control my own lights. Not to mention you are not burning through your low beams as much. I pulled the plug on my DRLs withing a week of having the Baja. I like it that way!
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Flowmastered87GL wrote:So.... why disable the DRL's?
Because they cause my husband to forget to turn the lights on at night; and for some reason he doesn't realize they are off even though the console lights are off. :lol:
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

another reson to be is big audio system 90 amp alternator, need all the help I cdan get...

Mark
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

[smilie=hello.gif] I finally checked, and my fog light relay is under the hood in the fuse and relay center. Maybe its because its an early build Baja. Mike
j
Scoobytruck Lurker

Baja DRL Disable

Post by j »

I don't necessarily consider myself to be a control freak, but I too am not a fan of DRL's. As for the soccer mom in the Chevy f*** you mobile (Suburban)...if she can't see my yellow Baja, I doubt she'll notice my DRL's. Anywho, check out http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html for the instructions, although I haven't yet disabled my own. hmmm...
j
MY03 Baja Sport
Baja Yellow
Bill Bourne
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Bill Bourne »

I've tried everything that was suggested and still no go.
The connection on the box on the steering column did turn out the DRL's, but then the low beams did not work.
I think if I could find the DRL dropping resistor or the relay I could disable these stupid things.
2005 Sport, Atlantic Blue Pearl, A/T