Headlight Housing

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

mikeeitup
Scoobytruck Contributer

Headlight Housing

Post by mikeeitup »

So my current ones on the Turbo is damaged beyond resto repair. I really wanna try and get the non turbo headlights for the car now. My reason is, then I can buy LED bulbs for it and only have to buy one set. I was wondering if the non turbo headlight housings will plug into the Turbo harness and work? Anybody try this? Is it just a bad idea? Lemme know what you know/think!
Mike
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Headlight Housing

Post by tonys123 »

What's the difference in the housing ? I though they where the same turbo and non turbo...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Not plug and play, but pretty close. Just a few wire crimps.
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

tonys123 wrote:What's the difference in the housing ? I though they where the same turbo and non turbo...
It was more of a difference between the Sport and non-Sport ones:

"A lower priced "Sport" model, equipped with cloth interior and manually-adjustable seats followed later in the production year, also without color-keyed exterior door handles and mirrors, four-beam headlamps, leather shift and steering wheel, front door puddle lights or an illuminated ignition key ring."
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Baja

So, the Sport models only had two-bulb headlight assemblies.
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tonys123 »

Ok so my 06 turbo should of had heated seats and a bed cover?

anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

Heated seats, yes, I believe so. Pretty sure the bed cover was still an optional extra.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

^ Baja Turbo with Leather Package had the bed cover standard.

Here's what came standard with 06 Baja types: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/baja/baja2006.html (it lists the specs for the 05 because the 06 specs are the same, only difference are color choices & alarm system)

So depending on if you have a Baja Turbo or Baja Turbo Leather, it adds a few more gadgets as standard. Though there's always the chance of custom-ordered ones with optional extras (my 06 sport HAD :evil: a dealership-installed soft bed cover but it was removed some time before I bought it).
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tonys123 »

Hmm yea mine has the baja leather but no heated seats but I did buy in az and drove back to Ohio in January so maybe Southern models didn't really need heated seats ... this baja stuff is confusing lol wrx but not the same cv or what not but I'm still learning.. I'm going to start a new thread since this one getting of topic sry