help!!

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

help!!

Post by cliffhanger »

i attempted to install an egt and a a/f ratio gage today, started up and check engine light is on, cruise light is blinking... dont know what i did wrong! is it possible that this could be the wrong wire off of the o2 sensor? any ideas at all? thx
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Wrong wire is a possibility. Sounds like something is backfeeding through part of the dash circuit to me. That causes all kinds of gremlins. I remember having a bad bulb in the rear of a car once that caused a backfeed, and would turn on dash lites and all kinds of weird things.
bajanut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Check Engine Light + cruse light flashing

Post by bajanut »

I have been working on a CEL issue as well and it turned out to be something really simple. But I did find out that the code will be something to do with the exhaust or drive train systems. The CEL + Cruise light flashing is suposed to mean that you should pull over and stop driving ASAP. That is what the service manager at Subaru of Santa Cruz, CA has told me. So I bet it is a fead back in the system causing the ECU to though a CEL. Just my .02 worth.
---------------
Ben
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

well, i undid what i did... talked with sam at xcceleration (real helpful guy! :) ) and he pretty much advised me against 'piggybacking' onto the stock o2 sensor b/c it always creates problems... i found that two of the wires on the plug for the egt were actually put in backwards! so i fixed the egt gauge and it works fine, and i will wait until i can order an a/f gage that comes with its own o2 sensor before i put that gage in i guess :( thx for the suggestions guys! btw, anyone know what a "max safe spec" for egt might be? thx...