Subaru OEM Subwoofer/Amplifier

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

pdiz

Subaru OEM Subwoofer/Amplifier

Post by pdiz »

I want to purchase the OEM subwoofer/amplifier and wanted to know what is involved in installing this thing. I have the upgraded 6-CD changer/speakers because I have the turbo model. Anyway, I know it goes under the passenger seat and apparently includes instructions, amplifier, and wiring, at least according to the ones for sale on E-bay. Is there any drilling or splicing involved? I wanted to avoid this if at all possible. Thanks.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Right from the boards own libary-

http://baja.jaxed.com/pdf/subwoofer.pdf

install intructions in pdf format

Bob
BajaT05
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BajaT05 »

Why dont you just upgrade the whole thing... IMO the stock HU sucks and you be better off with an aftermarket one.... and also maybe later better speakers with a four channel amp...
Texas S
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Texas S »

The sub's better quality than the other speakers, which I say because some of the others blew while I was fiddling with the Sub levels. :?

Mine was installed at the stealership, if you could control it seperately from the other speakers that would make it much more valuable in my opinion.

At the least, you get some bass range without losing any more space in the interior. Plus it's under the passenger seat so depending on your passenger you can give 'em the old tingle seat... :shock: :wink: