Baja seat bottoms

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Baja seat bottoms

Post by ags0702 »

My Baja drivers seat side and bottom is wore out which is typical from what I've read. It seems like the middle is sagging more than usual after taking a 900+ mile trip a few weeks ago. I was wondering if the following is feasible. Remove both driver and passenger seat from the car and swap out seat bottoms as the passenger seat is much firmer and in great shape. Basically just swap out seat bottoms and bolt the seats back in. It is almost impossible to see how the seat bottom is attached to the seat frame without removing the whole seat from the car for access/viewing.
Anyone tried this?
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Baja seat bottoms

Post by bajaguy »

I have not tried that but its feasible. The seats are relatively easy to remove. It can be done in less than 5 minutes for each.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

bajaguy wrote:I have not tried that but its feasible. The seats are relatively easy to remove. It can be done in less than 5 minutes for each.

If you do this, please post the process you went through....I have the same issue on my '03!!
ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ags0702 »

I see the seats remove easily from what looks like a 4-bolt corner pattern.
Not sure about how the seat pad itself will come out, probably have to remove the upright pad.
I will check the haynes manual tonight to see if it has a diagram, and report back
ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ags0702 »

So I spent the better part of the afternoon pulling both seats.
Swapping will not work, the mounting frames for the pads have different bolt patterns and swapping the foam won't either. The bolt patterns are just far enough apart.

At least I was able to clean under the seats...
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

ags0702 wrote:So I spent the better part of the afternoon pulling both seats.
Swapping will not work, the mounting frames for the pads have different bolt patterns and swapping the foam won't either. The bolt patterns are just far enough apart.

At least I was able to clean under the seats...

Are you saying that swapping the entire seats wont work or just swapping out the bottom?