different bulbs

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

different bulbs

Post by bajabob »

Has anyone else tryed different bulbs in their headlights/foglights ? I used some silverstars for about 5 months untill one of the bulbs blew. I  have ordered Hella +30 bulbs for the high and low beams and found some phillips weathervisions for the fogs. What are some other good working bulbs for the Baja? How about aux driving lights?<br><br>Bob
Baja_Turbo

Re: different bulbs

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I'm using the silver stars in my headlights now,and got some osram silver stars for my fogs.I have'nt installed them yet as they look to blue,nothing like the pic did when ordering them.They were supose to look like the sliver stars with alittle blue,but i got a lot of blue.Oh well i guess i'll install them the next time i got it on the lift at work and see what happens.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

We've got silverstars for the headlights...noticed something today-the classics have seperated headlights, the sports have singles.....
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Yep duel bulbs in the classics - that just means twice the cost when up grading the bulbs. The h1's for the lowbeam can be a pain to find - had  the local van and truck world order some hella +30 bulbs for me, they work really good though. When the silverstars pack it in try some GE nighthawk bulbs, I have them in for highbeams and they are superbright.<br><br>Bob
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

Hey Bob,<br>  i still have the stock high beam bulbs,where can i get the GE nighthawk bulbs?Thanks.I just order some 100W H3 bulbs for my sport lights and aux back up lights.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I got them at Canadian Tire - it's a auto/hardware store up here in the great white north.  I guess asking  around at some auto parts places is the way to go.<br><br>Bob
Baja Turbo

Post by Baja Turbo »

[quote author=bajabob link=board=tech;num=1108596912;start=0#5 date=02/19/05 at 23:33:07]I got them at Canadian Tire - it's a auto/hardware store up here in the great white north.  I guess asking  around at some auto parts places is the way to go.<br><br>Bob[/quote]<br><br><br><br><br><br>O.K. Thanks,i've never heard of nighthawks before.
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

fog lights

Post by ebbie97 »

I need to replace one of the fog lights in my '03 sport. According to the owners manual, this is something that needs to be done by my dealer. I rather save that money by doing it myself. Can anyone give me some instructions on how to replace the bulbs in the fogs?
-EB
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

EB, what I remember from doin mine, (I was fixin up a bent foglight from a offroad incident) its just a matter of removing the plastic splash shields from under the lights, then you can see and get access to the bulbs. The shields were the front lower part of the fender splash shield. Then you will see the lights ok. Mike
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Thanks Mike. I'll take a closer look this weekend. (it is supposed to be dry for a change.) I did see some sort of shield, but didn't pay attention to it. For some reason I thought you had to disassemble the stone guards and pull out the whole lamp.
Thanks again, I'll let you know.
-EB
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

No, you don't have to pull the lights out. Once the shields are out of the way, you can see the lights pretty good. How many miles you got on your Baja?? I have 55,000, and have yet to change a bulb in it anywhere. OOPS, shouldn't have said that, now a bunch will burn out!! Mike
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up on those shields. Replaced the bulbs last weekend. Three srews and a clip and that was it.
Currently, I have 68.500 miles on my Baja. I pretty much always have the lights and the foglichts on, makes it look better and it will get you noticed more :wink:
Thanks again.
-EB