Baja's pre-wired for KC lights?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Baja's pre-wired for KC lights?

Post by jaxed »

Are Baja's pre-wired for "KC" lights (roof lights?)  I see this as an accessory, and am wondering if I can install these myself.
Grimm
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Baja's pre-wired for KC lights?

Post by Grimm »

The Baja Sport is supposed to be prewired for roof lights so it should not be difficult to do other than the required drilling for the wires to come out from the roof. Sorry I do not have any more information than that.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I think all of them are pre wired,my 03 was and my 04 is also.You have to install the roof harness that plugs in behind the 3rd brake light,add the relay and switch.The difference between 03 & 04 is the 04 comes with the switch holder already installed from the factory.On the 03 you had to install this item.No drilling needed to the roof.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Where do you put the switch?  There's no empty spot (I don't think...).   I wonder if it would fit in one of the coin slot delaies in the center section....Anyone try to wire up anyhting other than the "sport activity lights" that SOA sells (@$300 is a lot for 2 lights, imo)?  I wonder if using another mfg would void a warranty (probably)
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

In the  kit you swap out the open compartment under the radio and the switch pops into the left side of the compartment.You lose about an inch of the opening of the compartment.The switch harness is taped to another harness back in there.The relay for a 03 is different than a 04,i think the 04 & 05 relay are the same.The 03 is a round silver relay and the later one is a black rectangle looking relay.Hope this helps
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Hmmm...  Here is a pic (from an '03 I assume?)<br><br>Image<br><br>Now, on my '05, the "Cargo Lamp" button is left of the steering wheel (next to the fog light button)... and at the location of the "Cargo Lamp" button in this photo, I have a blank area - as if I can install a switch there.  Maybe that is where the roof light switch goes.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

Your correct,the sport light switch goes where the cargo switch is in that pic.I've never seen one with the cargo light switch mounted there.My 03 & 04 had it mounted to the left of the steering wheel with the cruise & fog switches.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

maybe this web site will help you to install the lights http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/ixSearc ... ree_pub=13