Sport light

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

bilway69
Scoobytruck Lurker

Sport light

Post by bilway69 »

I know there is many thread about the activity Sports lights.

I have received them and my problem is that I can't locate the connector for the switch that should be taped on the harness behind the radio / climate control module.
I have in the car a switch for the cargo light and the connector that goes to it does look like the one I need for my light switch.

Also the round relay is already there.... I have try to plug the switch to the cargo light connector but cannot get the light to come on...

Any Idea?
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Sport light

Post by Alpha Wolf »

bilway69 wrote:I know there is many thread about the activity Sports lights.

I have received them and my problem is that I can't locate the connector for the switch that should be taped on the harness behind the radio / climate control module.
I have in the car a switch for the cargo light and the connector that goes to it does look like the one I need for my light switch.

Also the round relay is already there.... I have try to plug the switch to the cargo light connector but cannot get the light to come on...

Any Idea?

You have the wrong year set. Not a big issue as the only difference is the relay. You need to go buy the correct square relay $16 from your dealer.

You need to take radio cover off and it should be down to the right. It is not the same one as the Cargo Light. You should have a new switch and box to install under the radio vs the stocker which does not have a switch in it.
Turbo
bilway69
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bilway69 »

Here is a pic of my console

Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Do your cargo lamps work with the parking brake off?

It appears your cargo lights were installed where the sports light switch should be.

The stock cargo light stock position is in the dash not on the console.

Who installed your cargo light switch?
Turbo
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Actually that is the factory location for Canadian spec. trucks - the switch for the heated windshield takes a spot left of the steering wheel. Is this truck a non US model?
Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Nitro350Z »

If it is a Canadian spec Baja, then you'll have to do some custom wiring to get everything to work.

What I did was run a line for power from the interior fuse box, under the steering column and behind the center console. I don't remember exactly which fuse I tapped off of but I think it was the one for trailer lights. Attach the relay to the back of the cubby/switch trim and wire it so the switch triggers the relay. You'll have to trace where the wires from the rear for the sport lights end up at the front. They change colour after they enter the cab so you'll have to take apart the rear passenger c-pillar trim to have a look. They run right beside the passenger seat underneath the carpet on the side. Once you've traced the wires, cut the one(s) that are for power and just leave the grounds as-is. I don't remember if there are two wires for power at the front or if they join at the rear, but either way you're going to have run power from the relay to the wires that go to the lights.

Remember to keep all your splices clean and good luck! :)
Senomar
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Senomar »

I started installing my sport activity lights and on the instructions fig 13 says Locate four pin relay connector and untape from
harness and connect to relay, where is this connector and connect to what relay the round on that comes in the kit? A picture will help me lots

thanks
Senomar
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Senomar »

Senomar wrote:I started installing my sport activity lights and on the instructions fig 13 says Locate four pin relay connector and untape from
harness and connect to relay, where is this connector and connect to what relay the round on that comes in the kit? A picture will help me lots

thanks

Anyone???????????????