Tires. We all need em - Heres the Thread for em .

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Tires. We all need em - Heres the Thread for em .

Post by Ahzlon »

^^^^^ Holy SHAT that is SEXY!!!!

BTW. This might be a good website for you all to use to compare different tires sizes and their effects on the speedo and such.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php
Benhart21
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Benhart21 »

I apparently never posted mine. 225/55/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE92As on '11 WRX wheels. Insanely quieter and more comfortable than the 215/65/16 Grabber AT2s that they replaced.

McBrat
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by McBrat »

for those that have the Grabbger AT2's, where are you getting them? couple of places I've checked don't show them as available....
'03 Baja Sport, Baja Yellow. Snuglid.
'82 Brat, custom coil/link suspension, Toyota solid axles, Samurai t-case, built ea81, 5 spd d/r, 36" swampers.
Benhart21
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Benhart21 »

It's been a few years for me, but I ordered/bought mine from a physical Big O tires store.
McBrat
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by McBrat »

yeah. I tried Big O and they show nothing in an AT tread in that size anymore...

I checked every local place I could find, and nothing, so I ended up ordering some Geolandars from TireRack...
'03 Baja Sport, Baja Yellow. Snuglid.
'82 Brat, custom coil/link suspension, Toyota solid axles, Samurai t-case, built ea81, 5 spd d/r, 36" swampers.
VTBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by VTBaja »

So I'm getting due for some new tires and after going through all the pages and threads I have found that i either want the General Grabbers AT2's or the Yokohama Geo's ATS. My question is which is better I really like the look the AT2's give the baja and price wise there the same I'm just concerned with drop in gas mileage as I drive the highway about 100 miles a week? Also what am I looking at for wearing in the tread in these. I have the geo's ats on my jeep patriot and love them so I'm not to concerned that i won't love them on the baja, just like the look of the generals better.

mike
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

HEy Mike... where in VT are you?? Didn't know there was another ScoobyTrucker on here from VT.
VTBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by VTBaja »

In the burlington area, just got my baja in dec love it probably the best decision i've made. Looking to add some lights and nice tires but have to unload the snuglid it came with first.
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

I've got BF goodrich Touring T/A Pro series tires on my baja, they have a fairly aggressive tread, yet amazing handling in all conditions. Bought mine for 94 dollars a piece with a 70,000 mile warranty. I looked at the General Grabbers and they were too expensive for me at the time.
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

Oh and the grabbers have a 60,000 mile warranty on them
VTBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by VTBaja »

So ended up going with the grabbers, let me just say they give the baja an amazing look, just drove from VT to CO (2,000miles) and didn't really notice much of a noise issue, rode super nice, happy with wear so far and mpg is staying pretty good lost about 2mpg about.
VTBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by VTBaja »

So ended up going with the grabbers, let me just say they give the baja an amazing look, just drove from VT to CO (2,000miles) and didn't really notice much of a noise issue, rode super nice, happy with wear so far and mpg is staying pretty good lost about 2mpg about.
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by PenguinSub »

VTBaja wrote:So ended up going with the grabbers, let me just say they give the baja an amazing look, just drove from VT to CO (2,000miles) and didn't really notice much of a noise issue, rode super nice, happy with wear so far and mpg is staying pretty good lost about 2mpg about.

Hey man.

What size grabbers did you go with, and did you keep them on your stock 16's?
Buck Rogers
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Buck Rogers »

PenguinSub wrote:
VTBaja wrote:So ended up going with the grabbers, let me just say they give the baja an amazing look, just drove from VT to CO (2,000miles) and didn't really notice much of a noise issue, rode super nice, happy with wear so far and mpg is staying pretty good lost about 2mpg about.

Hey man.

I have run 215/70 16 grabbers on my lifted Baja, I think they will fit without a lift , but you will have rubbing when turning.

Buck
VTBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by VTBaja »

Buck Rogers wrote:
PenguinSub wrote:

Hey man.

I have run 215/70 16 grabbers on my lifted Baja, I think they will fit without a lift , but you will have rubbing when turning.

Buck

I have them 215/65/16 on stock rims and there is no rubbing.