Droning Noise

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

jminor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Droning Noise

Post by jminor »

when accelerating my gas pedal goes to the point that causes a loud droning sound that seems to come from the air cleaner assembly. My understanding is the plenum on the air cleaner is supposed to prevent that noise. Is this noise common or does my car have something mis-aligned or mal-adjusted? Is there a way to stop or prevent that noise other than don't press the gas pedal down to a point that is too much for the engine to handle?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Droning Noise

Post by bajabob »

Sounds like some of the plastic ductwork has come loose - during a oil change if the tech checks the air filter sometimes one of the connections will be left disconnected.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Droning Noise

Post by YBajaSteve »

bajabob wrote:Sounds like some of the plastic ductwork has come loose - during a oil change if the tech checks the air filter sometimes one of the connections will be left disconnected.
had that happen to me. drove outta the lot, gave it some gas, and was like! wow apparently they put a cold air intake on it too!! i knew right away what it was. pulled over, sure enough, just needed to slide the intake tube onto itself a bit more. definatly check out the black intake piping. make sure its all seated correctly.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!