OBD Codes Help: Intake manifold runner codes

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

OBD Codes Help: Intake manifold runner codes

Post by Caaron »

I have a 2006 Turbo Baja with about 25000 miles on it. It runs fine but all of a sudden the check engine light went on. I read the OBD codes and came up with P2006, P2007, and P2012 which mean (respectively):
intake manifold runner stuck closed control bank 1
intake manifold runner stuck closed control bank 2
intake manifold runner control bank 2 circuit low

Does anyone have any idea what these mean and how to fix them?

Chuck
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Re: OBD Codes Help: Intake manifold runner codes

Post by Hawk296 »

Wow that's crazy. When I started my car Sunday (Very cold and wet out) I had a CEL. I scanned it and it was the p2012. I put it in a heated garage, and made sure the TGV connectors were seated. I cleared it and it has not come back yet. I do not know if the TGVs were frozen/stuck or what. If it comes back I have an excuse for the TGV deletes and bigger injectors.

It sounds like you have stuck Tumble Generator Valves. maybe this weekend I can check the manual and see what it says. You could always try some carb cleaner in the manifold or some seafoam. But I take no responsibility if any of your sensors take the tube. Maybe it will clean out some of the gunk that the PCV system introduces into the manifold.

Keep us posted if you find a solution.
Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Caaron »

After two more starts (trips) when the car was warmed up pretty good the codes cleared themselves. I forgot to mention that in addition to the codes the cruise control switch was blinking and cruise control didn't work. After they cleared themselves everything has been running normally since. Go figure...

Chuck
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Yeah the blinking cruise is normal. When you throw certain codes and the check engine light comes on, it automatically disables cruise control, and the light blinks. When the check engine light goes off or resets, the cruise control is re-enabled.