Scoobytruck Lurker

Any baja's in florida!!?

Post by Blkwolf »

New to Baja looking for more in fla love mine and it's usefulness
satsumacharter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Any baja's in florida!!?

Post by satsumacharter »

Yep, this is Satsumacharter in Satsuma Fl near Palatka. Bought my 03 YELLOW BAJA [automatic :( ? ] in May of this year with 103,500 miles on it. Florida car with one owner purchased from a dealer in Ocala. Are you the dealer? He had one too in yellow. Took him two years to find it then another one came around, the one that I bought.

Drove it to Md the next day and we landed safely. Coming back on the auto train soon. Looking forward to the flex use that I can get for biking, kayaking and landscaping, OH, and driving on the beach of course! Hope this Baja is around as long as I'm going to last. At least this is the current plan. Aggressive bidding on ebay for nice ones during the time I was looking so I had a good feel for price and condition. Really happy to land on this make and model after thinking my next vehicle for a couple of years. Still have the VW turbo 5 speed Beetle also a 2003.

And where are you in FL?
dmfran
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by dmfran »

We live in Ocoee FL. have owned two (2) BAJAs. Dec 2003, purchased 2004 Turbo Stick and when we found out that Subaru were not making after 2006 models. So March 2006 traded our 2004 for 2006 BAJA Obisanian Black Pearl with the Turbo Automatic, Leather interior, & hard tonneau cover package. Love the 2006 but after awhile (5 years) hated the hard tonneau from Subaru -- due to Leaking & lock breaking. Have been looking for a replacement cover and discovered that SNUGTOP -- makes a Snuglid SL for the BAJA. We order one in Dec 2014 and it was shipped to us and we have a beautiful new fiberglass tonneau cover on our beautiful BAJA. We love to see BAJA on the road and take our to Indiana to visit our siblings.
Don
2006 Black Turbo(Auto-Leather-tonneau pkg)
2004 Silver-Turbo (5 speed) Traded on 06.
HermesRodriguezJR
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by HermesRodriguezJR »

Yes,Orlando Fla Airport.
Blkwolf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Blkwolf »

Navarre fl has a few
Subaja2015
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Subaja2015 »

Sarasota has alot of Bajas. I just added another to Sarasota, very happy to be in one finally!
RedStage
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RedStage »

Here in Volusia County. Owned my 2003 Baja for a little over 2 years now.
ajharl
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ajharl »

Yep. One in Jacksonville, FL. Got 275k on the body. Hoping to get to 1million!
johnpuncheon
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by johnpuncheon »

dmfran wrote: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:02 pm We live in Ocoee FL. have owned two (2) BAJAs. Dec 2003, purchased 2004 Turbo Stick and when we found out that Subaru were not making after 2006 models. So March 2006 traded our 2004 for 2006 BAJA Obisanian Black Pearl with the Turbo Automatic, Leather interior, & hard tonneau cover package. Love the 2006 but after awhile (5 years) hated the hard tonneau from Subaru -- due to Leaking & lock breaking. Have been looking for a replacement cover and discovered that SNUGTOP -- makes a Snuglid SL for the BAJA. We order one in Dec 2014 and it was shipped to us and we have a beautiful new fiberglass tonneau cover on our beautiful BAJA. We love to see BAJA on the road and take our to Indiana to visit our siblings.
Where can I get a bed cover?
RedStage
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RedStage »

wgriff
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by wgriff »

Hi Florida Folks:
Our FL condo bans pickup trucks; however, when I recently registered my Baja in Boston, the registration called it a STATION WAGON. I'm curious to find out what Florida considers our beloved Bajas. This is my second one over the years and so far it seems to be a nice survivor with 106K. Bought from a reputable dealer who did turbo, gaskets & timing belt. Thanks in advance. Bill in Boston.
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

I guess this will serve as my "newb" introduction. Just picked up an 03 Baja Sport. 5 speed stick(195K). In St Pete, and there is another Baja a few blocks from where I work. My Baja is to replace my much beloved Isuzu Spacecab 4x4 pickup that caught fire about a month ago (43 pages of build thread on Planet Isuzoo). Currently have 3 other Subies (all Foresters), a 98 (about 170K, an 02 (about 220K) and an 05 105K. Had an 06 Forester, but a drunk driver crashed it. Have done heads on the 98, and heads / rings on the 06.
Plans for my Baja are trailer hitch (coming soon), future mild lift (front is currently low) - still trying to sort through all the information / misinformation out there on springs and struts.
Baja 001.JPG
Baja 001.JPG (2.59 MiB) Viewed 47789 times
Baja 002.JPG
Baja 002.JPG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 47789 times
Dennis
Blkwolf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Blkwolf »

ImageImageSince my last post I’ve confirmed that there is at least 4 to 5 in greater Pensacola/ ft Walton beach area mine still running strong after the rebuild
My granddaughter in front of my subaru
My granddaughter in front of my subaru
777DD5A4-7780-4AA6-BC35-47E855520CA1.jpeg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 46026 times
donniediscors
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by donniediscors »

Moved back to Pcola area after 6+ years. Silver Manual/Turbo with 6” lift and mud tires, looks/sounds like it has something to prove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Trying to find it online however there is one for sale by owner at 32571.

Panhandle of Florida in Milton. Blue and looks nice. Didn't stop and check it out.