North Carolina Baja's

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

Moderator: mikenmel08

hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Re: North Carolina Baja's

Post by hocrest »

We come down every June for the SVX/XT6 meet at Fontana Village. I'll try to give you some advance notice next year.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

That would be great, I'm only about 50 miles from the village
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

I was just there a few weeks ago doing some Arial photography for the village. ... The minis on the dragon meet. ..
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

I love the snow around here.......
Wingzero_ac19x
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Wingzero_ac19x »

Awesome pictures! I really should be keeping a closer eye on this regional thread since I have been missing the newer posts. Just as an observation, I have noticed a major uptick in Baja's in my area. I dont mean repeatedly seeing the same two or three, I'm talking a lot of unique baja's suddenly popping out of the woodwork around here. May be people traveling to see the leaves change. The past few weeks I have seen 3 garnet red pearls, 1 garnet red with silver trim, 3 yellow, 2 black, 2 or 3 black and silver combos, 2 blue and 1 silver. There have been a couple for sale in the area as well.

A baja club would be awesome around here with so many running around, but would probably be fairly complicated to get the other owners attention. May work on starting one up in spring once weather has broke (expecting our first winter storm tomorrow night...sigh).
I take life like a duck; calm and collective on the surface, paddling like heck underneath
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

I'm looking forward to the snow this year, just put some new rubbers on......

We have quite a few around here as well but to most people I meet they are just a car...
Wingzero_ac19x
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Wingzero_ac19x »

What tires did you decide on? They look awesome!

Quite a few people around here love Baja's.. but unfortunately they dont own them. I had countless people at work asking me about my truck when I first got it. I too have found that other owners just dont appreciate them as anything but a basic vehicle. It's sad.

I'll have to post pics, but I just installed sport activity lights on mine.
I take life like a duck; calm and collective on the surface, paddling like heck underneath
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

They are the General Grabbers AT2 , Great looking and all the specs are great also...Really aggressive tire , makes a little noise going down the road but not too bad... Throw some pics up and let us see

outlaw
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by outlaw »

I'm in Wilmington NC and Monay we bought a 2003 Baja. Mileage is 145K. Great deal and after a total of 5 days we are now in love with it! I am looking for another to replace my 1999 Ranger. I love my Ranger, but love the Baja more.
Sh is silver in color with automatic tranny. Pulled to the loeft when we bought it but we eplaced the front tires yesterday and the pull is gone. Just bad (and mismatched) tires.

Dave
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Awesome, Welcome aboard
BRATtoBAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BRATtoBAJA »

I am a past Brat owner. (Think it was a '82). I am looking, now, for my Baja. I figure if there is any place to find one that's been taken care of, it would be here. I am on the hunt for a Baja Turbo, Auto (Manual will work if all other requirements are there), Leather Seats, Color Preference: Two Tone Gray/Silver or Black/Silver. Will consider any color. Any year is acceptable. Any mileage considered. Looking for something less than $10,000. (Hoping less than $7,500) so high mileage is not an issue as long as it was well maintained during those miles.
Joined ScoobyTruck to, hopefully, find MY new Baja and use it to help me improve and customize what I find. I am located in Northeast Tennessee. Looking forward to a new ride.
Mark
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mark »

06' sport, 5 spd. 114k miles. Greenville NC. Love my Baja.
Attachments
1474667948878-46770583.jpg
1474667948878-46770583.jpg (4.51 MiB) Viewed 27366 times
khestee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by khestee »

0128171149.jpg
0128171149.jpg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 25728 times
Our 03 Baja with new 04 suspension front and back. The 04 suspension added just a bit of lift to it. BTW 241,000 miles on the 2.5 now.
cspaugh
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by cspaugh »

Recently came into possession of a 2004 Baja Sport. I will post pictures later but I wanted to get some advise. I am in the Winston-Salem / Greensboro area and I need to find a good shop that can help evaluate some under carriage damage I can see and potentially fix it. Any recommendations of shops in the area in NC that can do that and potentially assist with some customer upgrades.
Mark
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mark »

Turbo Time in Sanford.