North Carolina Baja's

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

Moderator: mikenmel08

mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

North Carolina Baja's

Post by mikenmel08 »

If your from NC let's see those Baja's....My wife and I both drive Turbo Baja's...Hers is a blue 2006, and mine is a red 2005.....

Always comes down to Red vs Blue lol
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Re: North Carolina Baja's

Post by Takaaco »

Did you go to the "Boxer Takeover" at The Dragon at Deals Gap last month?
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

No, I have never had a good experience over there..lol..on four wheels or two so i kind of stay away.
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

I have only been down there once, did a midnight run up The Dragon on my bike (when I used to have one)

Now I have taken a Semi-truck down 421 ( The Rattlesnake)...not fun
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

I was really expecting more people in this section....
ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ags0702 »

I have an 06 Baja Sport solid silver. I am in North Raleigh. I saw a solid black baja this past weekend down the street and a solid silver baja a few weeks ago. I am always interested to see another one around...

mikenmel08 - Do run your baja's on any trails or offroad terrain? I have not been able to take mine off the asphalt much but would like to take it on some dirt sometime.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

We do a lot of back road exploring but no rough terrain...
Wingzero_ac19x
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Wingzero_ac19x »

Looks like this thread has been dead for a little while but I'll add on anyways:

My 2005 Turbo Baja AT:

Located in Jefferson, North Carolina.
I take life like a duck; calm and collective on the surface, paddling like heck underneath
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

I see Baja's all over the place here.......But never in a situation where i can talk to an of them.....Great color by the way....
Wingzero_ac19x
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Wingzero_ac19x »

I understand, I've seen a handful where I'm at as well but never able to chat with the owner. Both of your Baja's look really good as well. Not sure what part of Carolina you are in, but it took me a couple years to finally find a Baja in good enough condition to buy. Had to travel 5 hours to Richmond Virginia to get it. Then had it break down 60 miles into the trip home LOL :oops: but thats a story for another time. Great to meet you!
I take life like a duck; calm and collective on the surface, paddling like heck underneath
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Lol , Our blue one came from Virginia as well.....My red one came from Lenoir NC......I'm in the mountains...Franklin NC.......looks like about 180 miles from you
ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ags0702 »

I just took a trip out to western NC this weekend. It's been about a year and a half since I've been but boy are there Baja's everywhere I look! Boone, Blowing Rock, Linvillle, Spruce Pine and Pisgah National Forest. It is some serious Subaru country period, even in the summer. I loved every Baja a saw... 8)
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Post by hocrest »

Just saw a yellow headed north on 26 towards Johnson city , TN.

We just crossed into NC, headed south towards Asheville, the across to Fontana Dam. Keep your eyes open for a dark blue with a MudRat bumper.
ags0702
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ags0702 »

Running the Baja on the blue ridge parkway is always fun, only run about 50-55 mph but plenty fast on winding two lane.
Hopefully I can get out in some western NC snow this year.

On a side not rode the Baja to the subie dealer the other day to see a friend. Got talking to the manager about the Baja and she wanted to get me in a crosstrek and give me 9k for the Baja as is, sight unseen. I said not interested! Back in the day I would have been interested in a quick flip for some $$, but love the Baja now. Hope to see 200k out of her. Just put new tires on her and she is smooth ever.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

hocrest wrote:Just saw a yellow headed north on 26 towards Johnson city , TN.

We just crossed into NC, headed south towards Asheville, the across to Fontana Dam. Keep your eyes open for a dark blue with a MudRat bumper.
That's my back yard basically, give me a shout next time your in the area and we can get together....Baja's are everywhere around here but to most people I run into it is just another car to them