Body Panel & Bumper Removal?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Body Panel & Bumper Removal?

Post by yellowblaze »

Yeah, still got the Baja, been busy with the business and haven't been around for a while! In fact, as of this month, it's 100% ours (paid it off last Friday). Sooo....since Subaru was stupid enough to kill the Baja for the Tribeca, we'll be keeping the Baja around for a while. Since we want to keep it for some years, we are going to go ahead and do the all yellow paint job with the swoosh this spring. We found a guy that will paint the cladding and bumpers to match the body, and a vinyl guy that's going to do the swoosh. In order to do the paint, the guy wants to remove the cladding and paint it by itself. Now, we have to figure out how to do that! Anyone know how to do that?
pavy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by pavy »

well, if i can recall, there are about 40 christmas tree clasps you can get to from behind, in the wheel well
i took the whole fender off of mine to make it easier.
good luck
2003 Baja Sport 'BOOM STK', Mystic Blue Pearl
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Uh, what's a Christmas tree clip? Is there a specific body tool to unclip them? And are the like those stupid plastic clips that break and you have to buy new ones? Now that we decided to do this and found the right people to shoot the paint/cut and apply the graphics, I can't wait! I might get an ozz brothers lid too, since the soft one is shot...

BTW, since it's been a few years since this was posted, this is what we're doing (this is a photoshop done by a Scooby truck member):

pavy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by pavy »

looks alot like this, very annoying, break easily, hurts fingers.
2003 Baja Sport 'BOOM STK', Mystic Blue Pearl
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

yellowblaze wrote:Uh, what's a Christmas tree clip? Is there a specific body tool to unclip them? And are the like those stupid plastic clips that break and you have to buy new ones? Now that we decided to do this and found the right people to shoot the paint/cut and apply the graphics, I can't wait! I might get an ozz brothers lid too, since the soft one is shot...

BTW, since it's been a few years since this was posted, this is what we're doing (this is a photoshop done by a Scooby truck member):

SWEEET!!! :D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Wow, that will look nice in all yellow. And just think, you will prolly have the only one around that will look like that!! Make sure you post pics when its done so we can see.
Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.