OzzyBros Cover

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

sporter
Scoobytruck Contributer

OzzyBros Cover

Post by sporter »

New to the forum and new to Baja ownership ('06 Sport, A/T). My OzzyBros cover is on the way. Do any of you have installation tips for me?
twheats1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by twheats1 »

Installation is very easy, just follow the directions.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

I love my Ozz; It so easy to deal with. Install will be no problem for you.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: OzzyBros Cover

Post by davecoon13 »

sporter wrote:Do any of you have installation tips for me?
I got mine second hand, so I didn't have the original instructions. I had the Alternative Strike plate. The easiest way I was able to align it was to just screw the alternative strikplate the open tailgate. Then I opened the switchback hatch, and with a headlamp on my head, I was able to work in the bed (with my legs going through the passthrough to the back seat. It was very easy to install.

The best part is how easy it is to remove and stick in the back seat on a moment's notice.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
sporter
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by sporter »

Thanks to all who replied. Received it today, took longer to read the instructions than the actual installation.
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

I am also looking into the Ozzbros cover and had a question about the lock system that they use. From the pictures on the site it is hard to tell exactly how high off the tail gate the bracket sits as well as the type of lock that is being used for the cover. I am worried about the lock freezing in the winter or dirt getting into the mechanism.

Does anyone know what Ozzbros is made from? fiberglass or wood?
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

RickBaja06 wrote:I am also looking into the Ozzbros cover and had a question about the lock system that they use. From the pictures on the site it is hard to tell exactly how high off the tail gate the bracket sits as well as the type of lock that is being used for the cover. I am worried about the lock freezing in the winter or dirt getting into the mechanism.

Does anyone know what Ozzbros is made from? fiberglass or wood?
I'm certain the cover is made of wood.

I've not had any trouble with the lock; It has a sliding cover to it which would make it hard for dirt getting into the mechanism.
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

Does anyone know what type of lock is being used to lock the cover to the tailgate?

Looking at the pictures it looks like a dead bolt that you would find at Lowes. I would think they could figure out a better way to lock the cover without have this large chunk of material mounted to the tailgate.

Can someone with the cover take close up picture of the lock and how it mounts to the gate.

Thanks
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

nice pic, jaxed! Now that i see that, I want one again!
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

I am still on the fence about OzzBros versus SnugLid....Snuglid looks like a more weather deterrant cover than the OzzBros..or am I wrong?
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

The SnugLid is more weather deterrant, but is also much heavier. The SnugLid is more secure, but more expensive. It is a toss-up which way you want to go. I say OzzBros. all the way!
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
motojak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by motojak »

How much are the ozzbros and the snuglid going for?
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I have the Ozzbros cover, and if I remember correctly, it was a pinch over 500 bucks. Worth the money imho, though. It is not watertight, but does a good job for the price, and beats the crap out of the factory tonneau that was on my Baja. With the deadbolt, I don't have to worry about someone making off with my toolbox or other stuff I have in the bed. One downside, it is a pain to load stuff when I go on vacation, as it has to sit low in the bed so it doesn't interfere with the cover so it will close and lock. But I got us to that.
Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
motojak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by motojak »

Thanks Mike. I thought the cover was flush with the top sides of the bed (at least thats how it looks in pics). How much clearance do you have from the floor of the bed to the bottom of the cover. That is if you don't mind checking. Im pretty much set on this one but id like more info. Id love to get the snuglid cover but for 1200 it better come with a hot naked chick in the back. Thanks

Jason