all aboard the newbie train

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

all aboard the newbie train

Post by speedymatt »

Well I guess I'll get in on the act. My wife and I recently purchased an 03 silver classic, AT, leather, optioned out with only 28k on the clock. I found the site while looking for reviews and info and after the purchase figured I'd join up. For those that cross forums like I do, I'm also on NASIOC with the same screen name.
I've gone through my fair share of cars from a tercel, impreza wagon, miata, and the one that just got sold was a white golf K2 lowered on some nice white 17"s.
With the first baby on the way in Jan. it was time to get back to the safety of AWD and the comfort/ reliablity of a stock vehicle. So far I love this car and its the smoothest thing I've ever owned.
Oh and according to the idiot thats linked on the front page I own two of the ugliest cars in the world as the wife drives an 03 AWD Honda Element. Oh well function over form, but I think they both look pretty unique.
With all that said, um......Hi.
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: all aboard the newbie train

Post by Trucklet »

speedymatt wrote:Well I guess I'll get in on the act. My wife and I recently purchased an 03 silver classic, AT, leather, optioned out with only 28k on the clock. I found the site while looking for reviews and info and after the purchase figured I'd join up. For those that cross forums like I do, I'm also on NASIOC with the same screen name.
I've gone through my fair share of cars from a tercel, impreza wagon, miata, and the one that just got sold was a white golf K2 lowered on some nice white 17"s.
With the first baby on the way in Jan. it was time to get back to the safety of AWD and the comfort/ reliablity of a stock vehicle. So far I love this car and its the smoothest thing I've ever owned.
Oh and according to the idiot thats linked on the front page I own two of the ugliest cars in the world as the wife drives an 03 AWD Honda Element. Oh well function over form, but I think they both look pretty unique.
Guess us new guys will just have to reply to each other. Don't know where the "oldtimers" are. Must have real jobs or something <g>.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

speedymatt wrote: I own two of the ugliest cars in the world as the wife drives an 03 AWD Honda Element. Oh well function over form, but I think they both look pretty unique.
feel good...the Prius and the Pontiac Aztec are far uglier IMHO!
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

speedymatt wrote: and the one that just got sold was a white golf K2 lowered on some nice white 17"s.
BTW...as a VW man primarily...why did you get rid of that car!
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

Zooom wrote:
speedymatt wrote: and the one that just got sold was a white golf K2 lowered on some nice white 17"s.
BTW...as a VW man primarily...why did you get rid of that car!
with our first babe due in january i had two choices it was either dump money into the K2 with 115k on the clock and an uncertain future, and return it to stock. or bite the bullet and go for a one previous owner, low mileage car that will last quite a bit without worry. As far as fun the 2.slow was a great car it handled well lowered, was torquey, looked great lowered on the 17"s, and of course came with the heated seats that i so miss. but as far as family function, comfort, and peice of mind, the baja has it beat hands down.
uj2
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by uj2 »

Best of luck with both new 'babies' :D
Ayrton Senna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Ayrton Senna »

Yeah, not everybody gets to post all the time.

But hey, everybody shows up once in a while! It's just too bad that Subaru doesn't make the Baja anymore. :(
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I agree. The Baja is so nice and it's sad that Subaru has quit making them. It's amazing at the amount of interest there is out there for these vehicles now.