What have you hauled? Post Pics !!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Glad to see this thread still going!

argh6 wrote:Image

My R6 rode well on my temporary bed extender. The metal tube one is under construction...
Yup, love it. I've thought about that in case I ever have to move the Sporty or Guzzi without the trailer!

Ohh, a few weeks ago we needed crushed stone for a gravel bed we were prepping for our new shed.

Hauled 3 separate loads of a ton each in the utility trailer.

Including the weight of the trailer itself that had to easily put us at the 2400 lbs. towing capacity.

She pulled like a champ, didn't even seem to know the load was bake there.

Braked fine too.

Kev
mdavis113
Scoobytruck Lurker

How I Roll

Post by mdavis113 »

Me
The Wife
Two Daughters
Four Dogs
One Dog Box
One VW Cargo Holder (Basket)
Two Cargo Bags
Three Suitcases
One Cooler
Oh yeah, and one kayak. Can't forget the kayak :lol:

P.S. spazchicken, thanks for your post. After seeing your pics I realized I wouldn't need to bother a friend with a 'real' truck to haul a riding mower home. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: How I Roll

Post by davecoon13 »

I actually was able to fit my wife's Kymco People 150 Scooter (classified as a Motorcycle) in the back no problem

Here is a Pic
Last edited by davecoon13 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
crackhead
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by crackhead »

One piece shower and bathtub
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Well I have hauled

Camping gear
Mtn Bikes
Old tires
Plants
Furniture
Wood
Friends

Thats all I could think of..
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

i helped my father-in-law haul a loveseat to the goodwill place this weekend. the screwheads are stripped on the plastic peice for the soft cover, otherwise it would have come off and the sofa would have fit without over hanging the tailgate.

Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Thats awesome !
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

holland_patrick wrote:rock
Yes, I went to the Vulcan Materials yard in Alexandria and had the front end loader fill my Baja up. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me out of the vehicle while on the yard, so I couldn't take pictures, but it looked just like your Baja (mine is silver also) with the front end loader.

The gravel cost $22.50 per ton, and the Baja took a half a ton, $11.25. I was a little concerned about the weight, but the car handled perfectly. They require all loads leaving the yard be covered, so I put my Ozzbros cover on (which was conveniently stowed in the back seat).

I remembered seeing your pic here so it inspired me. Unfortunately, my Tarp was not as carefully placed as yours and I think some rocks worked their way in between the tailgate bedliner and the tailgate so it doesn't close as well anymore, and one of my drain holes is clogged with a rock I can't dislodge. Also, the plastic trim above my license plate got pitted from rock chips...no biggie, my Baja is meant to be used as a work vehicle, not a showpiece. What good is a vehicle that can't be used?

The tailgate still closes 95% of the way and still locks with the Ozzbros.

The local Lowe's, Home Depot, and WalMart sold the same gravel in 40# bags for about $4 per bag, which equates to something like $200 per ton, versus $22.50 at Vulcan...Thank goodness for the Baja!

Next time I will prepare my tarp more carefully to prevent the drain holes and tailgate from getting clogged. But your pic inspired me!

Also, at one time, I stacked 32 8 foot 2x6's and 10 Lawn Timbers with the passthrough hatch open. My dad was visiting and insisted it would fit, he had more faith in my Baja than I did, I was ready to rent a Lowe's truck to haul all that lumber, but it all fit with careful stacking.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: What have you hauled?

Post by Trucklet »

Hay! That's a 5'x8' trailer that weighs 900 lbs with 20 bales of hay (average of 50 lbs each). Tows fine with no sweat.
BajaHay3.jpg
BajaHay3.jpg (136.61 KiB) Viewed 21120 times
BajaHay1.jpg
BajaHay1.jpg (169.52 KiB) Viewed 21118 times
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

very nice! but please tell me you strapped them down before driveing away.
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

speedymatt wrote:very nice! but please tell me you strapped them down before driveing away.
You noticed that did you? :o Actually, the pics were taken just before unloading and the ratchet tie downs had already been removed. I make the hay run at least once a month and used to take an F150 Supercrew. Now that I've downsized, I enjoy seeing all of the full-sized pickup drivers doing double takes, when I cruise down the highway, gettting double the mpg they get.
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

nothing special just a twin matress.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

most recently....went down to VIR with my buddy....here was our load...
Attachments
and the money shot!
and the money shot!
LogoShot!.JPG (78.69 KiB) Viewed 20963 times
VIRLoad2.JPG
VIRLoad2.JPG (88.22 KiB) Viewed 20966 times
VIRLoad1.JPG
VIRLoad1.JPG (157.73 KiB) Viewed 20962 times
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Nice. Excellent destination. VIR is a great place to be. Hope you gave your bikes a good workout. If you cruised down 29S through Lynchburg and Danville, you went right by me.
pavy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by pavy »

haha im not sure if this counts. but when we got hit with that blizzard here in ohio, i had to haul my buddies metro out of the snow and mud.
although i guess thats not sayen much, you could prolly haul a metro with another metro. lol

he was really stuck in though, he got his front tires about hlf way down into the mud. it took about 20 min to actually get him out of the mud, then i just pulled him straight through the snow FUN IN THE SUN
2003 Baja Sport 'BOOM STK', Mystic Blue Pearl