Scoobytruck Contributer

LISTEN TO MY 2 CENTS!

Post by Agent Smith »

I know I’m a new member here but….
Everywhere I look on this forum people are upset and whining that
1. SUBY didn’t sell a lot of BAJAs
2. Everyone wishes they advertised more and more people knew about them
3. that they aren’t being sold anymore

I’m glad they are done making them because I have mine and I really don’t want anyone one else to have one. See, I have a honda civic too and I’m so tired of everyone having a civic.
Why would you want to see a BAJA every 2 minutes on the road like the WRX.

I say, keep it rare. It will be worth more and I like being original. That’s why I bought mine.
It’s great and I don’t want 10 of my friends to have one too.

Sorry, just had to vent.
8)
just sold the baja for a WRX wagon...

I do miss the scooby truck : (
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Check out this article... it mentions the Subaru Baja as being useless. I think that is how a lot of people see it, cause they think they need to drive a 5 mpg F-350 around town to get groceries.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/ ... ment/1376/

"...like the Subaru Baja, a rather useless car-based
pickup truck based on the Legacy Outback wagon..."
Agent Smith
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Agent Smith »

jaxed wrote: "...like the Subaru Baja, a rather useless car-based
pickup truck based on the Legacy Outback wagon..."

wow, that was a lil harsh on the writers part.
You know what though....
Everyone that has seen my truck has complimented the looks, the speed and comfort. It's definitely an amazing machine and I love mine.

:twisted:

BajaBear
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BajaBear »

I agree w/Smith. I enjoy having a unique truck. People pay big bucks to customize their vehicles to look different. Heck-I got so excited at finally seeing 1 on the freeway the other day-I honked & waved at the guy. I think I mighta scared him though :oops:
2005 Turbo
Atlantic Pearl Blue
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i do enjoy having a unique vehicle, i love my baja to death, and i have personally received both praise and heckling at my choice of vehicle; however, i am sort of miffed at subaru's decision to discontinue the baja. it's not because i want everyone to have one, it is because the selection of aftermarket parts will slim down to nothing. there are not that many out there right now, we don't need aftermarket part designers to see that there isn't much of a market left for baja parts... just my 2 cents
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

cliffhanger wrote:it is because the selection of aftermarket parts will slim down to nothing. there are not that many out there right now, we don't need aftermarket part designers to see that there isn't much of a market left for baja parts... just my 2 cents
BINGO. We are screwed. Time to order my ozzbros.
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

I really enjoy having a unique (albeit "rather useless" :roll:) vehicle myself.

I've noticed that women really like the Baja and will make a point of offering comments while the menfolk remain a little more wary.
Atomic Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomic Baja »

I sent an email to the editor complaining about the "rather useless" writing by Mr. Hofmann.
elfranco
Scoobytruck Lurker

What does it really matter

Post by elfranco »

I love my Baja Turbo. I especially enjoy when a Large pick up comes up on my tail to intimidate me. I hit the accelerator and he disappears in my rear view mirror. I like the attention my truck gets from people in parking lots. Fact is there are not too many of us in Rhode Island. I love my OzzBros Top. For the money it has really enhanced my vehicle. I am proud to belong to this group at Scoobytruck.com. I am not surprised that all of the members I have encountered at this site are pretty nice people. So what if Subaru discontinues the Baja, I do not care. I have mine. And thats my 2 cents.
Franco
2005 Baja Turbo
Greenville, RI
Agent Smith
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Agent Smith »

ROCK ON GUYS

you make me proud.

:wink:

kiddbaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kiddbaja »

i am a new baja owner. i love it. you guy are right. i would not want everybody on my street to have one. you dont see the many. just like the mecury mecur(2.3 w/ turbo)i use to have. that car rocked, but i love my baja. i will keep this till my daughter is able to drive. she loves it. probally give it to her.
Did you get that thing i sent you?
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

It is too bad that there are so many reviews about what a Baja should be, doesn't do, doesn't have or why it is ugly, useless, etc. Bottomline is that we all have a Baja, because something appeals to us.

Why follow the rest of the herd? Let's be special and be different than anything else. Keep going with this site and stick together!
-EB
rfugitt
Scoobytruck Contributer

more on this.....

Post by rfugitt »

I live up at Lake Tahoe, where every other car is either a subaru or a jeep cherokee. I already have a cherokee, but needed a second 4 wheel drive....

I didnt want to see another legacy or outback in my driveway

So, i looked at many different cars and it always came back to the baja as the perfect car for up here....

I hate having the same car as everyone else. My only complaint is that i couldnt get it in bright red, like my last car.....
kiddbaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kiddbaja »

yea they could not find red for me either. and i could not wait. my chevy blew up...no love lost there. gave it to someone who had time to rebiuld it.
Did you get that thing i sent you?
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

I find myself doing the same thing as Bajabear described above: wave or signal to other Bajas. Eventhough you don't see that many, the occasional one is always good for a return wave or flash. Lots of fun! It's the same as what motocyclists are doing: acknowledging that you are part of a unique group!

-EB