Moderator: mikenmel08

jejda
Scoobytruck Lurker

What do y'all think of this?

Post by jejda »

bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I really don't think it's anything to get bent out of shape about, so Subaru wants to sell more cars- thats the idea behind being a car company. They also spend shitloads of coin on rally racing but that dosen't make every sube owner Petter Solberg does it?

Bob
jejda
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jejda »

Good point. I happen to like Subaru for all the cycling sponsorships that they supply. I also like my Baja a lot, and I must say that it seems that almost everyone else does, too. Even strangers. I really think that Subaru should continue the Baja, based on my own experiences.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I think thats part of the great part of Subaru... they market to everyone... mountain bikers, families, gays... everyone. They understand the diverse marketplace.

Those who dont I think will be left behind.

They dont just market to the masses like everyone else.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

whatever. let em advertise to who they want, ive got my baja and i love it. as long as no one tries to do me in the butt we wont have a problem.
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

cliffhanger wrote:whatever. let em advertise to who they want, ive got my baja and i love it. as long as no one tries to do me in the butt we wont have a problem.
Um... LOL. [smilie=laff.gif]
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Its all about makin money, as far as a car company is concerned. If they want to sell lots more vehicles, I say let them advertise to anyone they think will buy them. Oh Cliff, I think we get your point, nicely put, though. Mike
BajaBear
Scoobytruck Contributer

Glad to hear it!

Post by BajaBear »

This is 1 of several reasons that I kept Subaru on my list of potential vehicles. I certainly wouldn't shell out tens of thousands of my hard earned-after tax dollars to a company that doesn't support my community.
2005 Turbo
Atlantic Pearl Blue
Mike Franke
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mike Franke »

It's surprising that this generates any publicity. Major corporations for years have targeted the gay community as a sales market.

Ford, for one, REALLY pounded the Escape toward them (no pun intended), and I still keep a really funny Coors Light print ad that depicted two fellows riding a bicycle built for two.

I'm sure there will be morality-based objections, but why would you be offended if you aren't gay?

If you aren't gay, you won't be holding the magazine with the print ad in it, right?

I would think the market in question would be the most offended, much like my wonder in the fact that African-Americans are never offended by the fact that every major athletic shoe manufacturer panders to them relentlessly.

As you can see, my distaste for Madison Avenue runs deep....

Subaru has never really "needed" advertising, as far as I'm concerned. They do things no one else does with automobiles, making them a true niche.
Never settle for the average