Wranglers have a Wave

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Wranglers have a Wave

Post by Ben Staad »

Wranglers have their Jeep wave so what should we have? Brought this up because I saw, across the intersection from me the other day, another scooby and just ended up flashing my lights and waving at them. The cool thing is they flashed their lights and waved back! So maybe we should come up with a secret club handshake kind of thing here. :lol:
SupeRoo Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Wranglers have a Wave

Post by SupeRoo Baja »

I do this as well.. but so many subies in Colo that most are just oblivious. Baja owners tend to perk up tho!

If you see a supermodded Baja in Colo winking at you, it's just the Superoo Saying HI! [smilie=666.gif]
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

I was driving down one of our major streets last week and saw a bright yellow Baja at the light at a cross street. As I passed I saw out of the corner of my eye that they noticed mine and were excited, but no time for a salute. Dennis
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

What about the unspoken Subie owners' rule?
9sd76f9as8df.jpeg
9sd76f9as8df.jpeg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

I like that one and have done that before. Never have been able to talk to the person but I hope they got a kick out of it.
Guacamole wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:09 pm What about the unspoken Subie owners' rule?
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Post by greymud »

most of the time I see another Baja, I don't realize it until it's too late.

There's a couple dozen locally, and I've spoken to most of them in parking lots or at red lights. I even had one knock on my door to ask about my snuglid.
05 NA 5MT
TaxiBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TaxiBaja »

The shaka hand gesture seems like a very Baja Californian thing to do. I usually just flash my fog lights.