cladding/molding clips

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

kazeeee
Scoobytruck Lurker

cladding/molding clips

Post by kazeeee »

Hello! first time posting, I bought a project baja and most of the cladding came with it, but not attached, I have a good quantity of the clips. My problem is that I don't know which clips go where; most of the clips I have are the stubby pink ones (PN#909130121). The only diagram or information I could find was from the subaru parts website and its not super clean because the perspective is from the outside for some reason.

Also if anyone has any information on the bigger clips for the bumper covers and the bed trim that would be helpful aswell.
Attachments
B12_91401058.png
B12_91401058.png (74.98 KiB) Viewed 8104 times
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: cladding/molding clips

Post by Guacamole »

Hey there!
Here's the parts index with both exploded diagrams and part numbers as they appear on the parts websites.
https://www.scoobytruck.com/pdf/Baja_2003-2005.pdf
kazeeee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by kazeeee »

Thanks for linking me to that PDF, I hadn't seen that before and I'm sure its going to come in handy.

I think I must have been unclear because this doesn't show what I was after either. What I'm after is the specific positions of the clips on the panels, for example for the front fender cladding I counted 15 spots for clips, the diagrams show 3 types of clips are used for this panel but not where they go.

cheers,
kazeeee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by kazeeee »

bump; still looking for resources regarding which clips go in which spots.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are looking for here plus I'm not mechanically inclined at all. :lol:

It confuses me a bit when you say you don't know the position of the clips.
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

kazeeee wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:36 am bump; still looking for resources regarding which clips go in which spots.
I could probably help you out with some photos of the side cladding pieces with the clips attached which will show you where the clips go. The only problem is I don't know how to attach photos to my reply.
When replying to someone, I usually click on the "Reply with a quote" icon. Along the top of the box where you type your reply there are a bunch of icons. The ninth one from the left is an "Insert Image" icon. Once I click on that I'm lost.
If you can explain what to do from there I can send you those photos.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Skip the stuff in the row you mentioned. Scroll down slightly (right below the dialogue box) and you will see tabs labelled as "options" and "attachments". Open the attachments tab, click add files, then it should be self explanatory from there.

Hopefully this helps.
SoobyToo58 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:44 am
kazeeee wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:36 am bump; still looking for resources regarding which clips go in which spots.
I could probably help you out with some photos of the side cladding pieces with the clips attached which will show you where the clips go. The only problem is I don't know how to attach photos to my reply.
When replying to someone, I usually click on the "Reply with a quote" icon. Along the top of the box where you type your reply there are a bunch of icons. The ninth one from the left is an "Insert Image" icon. Once I click on that I'm lost.
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

Ben Staad wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:57 am Skip the stuff in the row you mentioned. Scroll down slightly (right below the dialogue box) and you will see tabs labelled as "options" and "attachments". Open the attachments tab, click add files, then it should be self explanatory from there.

Hopefully this helps.
SoobyToo58 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:44 am
Jeez! It was right in front of my face the whole time, wasn't it. That seems to happen more and more as I get older. Getting old aint for sissies!
Thanks for your help.
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

Here are a bunch of photos which should help if you Zoom in on the reverse side photos!
I've never added photos and it looks like they only allow 3 at a time so I'll send a few more messages with 3 photos each
Attachments
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1b.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1c
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1c
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1c.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1d
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1d
Left Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Cladding 1d.jpg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

Rather, I'll send the photos 2 at a time!
Attachments
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1a
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1a
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1a.jpg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Rear Door Cladding 1b.jpg (62.19 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

2 more!
Attachments
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1a
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1a
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1a.jpg (605.77 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1b
Left Driver Side Front Fender Cladding 1b.jpg (630.52 KiB) Viewed 7977 times
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

More!
Attachments
Left Driver Door Cladding 1a
Left Driver Door Cladding 1a
Left Driver Door Cladding 1a.jpg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 7976 times
Left Driver Door Cladding 1b
Left Driver Door Cladding 1b
Left Driver Door Cladding 1b.jpg (203.46 KiB) Viewed 7976 times
kazeeee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by kazeeee »

this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

Great! You're welcome!
I'm glad I could help someone out like others here have helped me many times before.
I'm just sorry I didn't have photos of the other pieces you needed.
As a word to the wise to others here on scoobytruck.com, I keep a Baja folder file on my computer and whenever I see something interesting online that I think could possibly help me in the future with repairs or other related stuff, I save it. The photos I sent you I saved from somewhere for just that reason. In case I ever have to repair or replace any of the cladding, I have the photos as a reference. The file is huge now but should I need any of that info, it's right there and I wont have to spend hours hunting around online and possibly not find it at all.
I used photos I found on line to repair and fabricate some missing parts for my SnugTop SnugLid when I found one a few years ago. It needed a lot of repair work and parts fabrication work. The parts I made look exactly like original parts and work perfectly and I was able to make them all from photos and a few pointed questions to others here on scoobytruck.com. I even made my own drawings for the parts I made myself and I have it in my folder.
Good luck!
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Post by SoobyToo58 »

I forgot to mention that some of the clips are missing from the cladding pieces in the photos BUT all of the clips, including the missing ones, are identical despite being different colors.