New Subaru Truck Coming

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

New Subaru Truck Coming

Post by Caaron »

I've recently read rumors of a new Subaru Truck to be announced this year. Apparently it is to be built on the same frame as the Ascent, which may not be a good thing since the Ascent has not been as reliable as other Subaru models... https://2021truck.com/2021-subaru-pickup-truck/
oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: New Subaru Truck Coming

Post by oldpro »

Wow; the new "battery bellow" concept! Can't wait to hear what the battery says out loud. I love my current ('05) Baja; the new concept is too "trucky" for me. Too tall, too much Honda Ridgeline-like. If this is what Subaru really has in mind, I may change to the Hyundai Santa Cruz when it's available.
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

Check the dates, it's a 2020 article talking about a 2021 model year truck. I want to believe! :(
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

What is battery bellow? Not interested in a hybrid or EV so I'm curious.
oldpro wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 am Wow; the new "battery bellow" concept! Can't wait to hear what the battery says out loud. I love my current ('05) Baja; the new concept is too "trucky" for me. Too tall, too much Honda Ridgeline-like. If this is what Subaru really has in mind, I may change to the Hyundai Santa Cruz when it's available.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Me too. I would like them to get released so I can buy one in about five years. LOL
mike-tracy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 am Check the dates, it's a 2020 article talking about a 2021 model year truck. I want to believe! :(
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Post by greymud »

At the bottom of the article that claims it was coming out last year. IIRC, this fan fiction is based on the release dates of the Brat and the Baja - so we must be due for another.

Don't hold your breath. Sales were low on the brat and the Baja. That's what business decisions are made from.

If they make a truck like everyone else, why buy the untested one? They should make another unique one - I'd prefer a Forester based one with options for 2 and 4 door. Bring them both back!
05 NA 5MT
Jud
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Jud »

When I saw the subi truck concept, my first thought was "it is as big as and F150". What I appreciate abt the Baja -among many, many other things- that it is on a chassies of a car. It drives like a car. And can handle light duty truck work.
So, that concept truck, as far as I'm concerned, is jumping on the bandwagon. It will be just an other pick up truck. Nothing like the Brat or the Baja was. 😔
kzaske
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kzaske »

I feel a bit like Mulder, I want to believe. With everything that has happened in the last two years, I figure the earliest we might see it is 2023 model year. I hope it comes to pass.
2003 Subaru Baja
Automatic Transmission
About 215K miles.