Auto Window Hack

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Auto Window Hack

Post by mikenmel08 »

Just thought I would share this incase people dont know about it already.....If you replace your drivers window switch with this one it will give you Auto Up and Down on your 2 front windows.... It is a direct replacement even though it says it's for a different car it does work , I've already done it....

https://www.switchdoctor.net/nissan-alt ... 1998-2001/

Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Auto Window Hack

Post by Ben Staad »

The link isn't working correctly.
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

Is it the same one that STEVEW posted on the last page here? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3374&start=75
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Ben Staad wrote:The link isn't working correctly.
It should be fixed

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

mike-tracy wrote:Is it the same one that STEVEW posted on the last page here? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3374&start=75
Yes it is

mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

I'm adding heated mirrors to my Baja, I wonder if this switch interferes with that, or precludes you using them? The button for heated mirrors goes in that blank spot immediately in front of the window switches on the driver side.
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Thanks for the link.
STEVEW
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by STEVEW »

mike-tracy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:54 am I'm adding heated mirrors to my Baja, I wonder if this switch interferes with that, or precludes you using them? The button for heated mirrors goes in that blank spot immediately in front of the window switches on the driver side.
It should not interfere with the mirror switch it's pretty much the same exact shape as the original window switch, but I can't say for certain because I don't have a mirror switch to try it. That is going to be my next project though. I think I need to run wires though i don't think the '03 has anything for heated mirrors.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

mike-tracy wrote:I'm adding heated mirrors to my Baja, I wonder if this switch interferes with that, or precludes you using them? The button for heated mirrors goes in that blank spot immediately in front of the window switches on the driver side.
The section you are referring to is not part of the window switch....That is part of the mirror switch which is a different assembly

mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

Thanks! Ill be buying that auto switch now.
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
nufftenthousand
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by nufftenthousand »

I just bought this switch and received the single-auto version, even though the dual-auto was pictured in the Amazon listing. Contacted SwitchDoctor and they said they don't stock the dual-auto model anymore, gave me a refund without asking me to ship the part back.

Must be a recent change, since Amazon and Walmart listings still show dual-auto. Links to this part on switchdoctor.net 404 now.

Anyone know a supplier other than SwitchDoctor?
Thwipp
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Thwipp »

nufftenthousand wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:04 pm I just bought this switch and received the single-auto version, even though the dual-auto was pictured in the Amazon listing. Contacted SwitchDoctor and they said they don't stock the dual-auto model anymore, gave me a refund without asking me to ship the part back.

Must be a recent change, since Amazon and Walmart listings still show dual-auto. Links to this part on switchdoctor.net 404 now.

Anyone know a supplier other than SwitchDoctor?
nope. same issue with amazon and switch doctor. i've spent hours searching every model of nissan i could find and there wasn't a dual auto oem switch available.