Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Grey-Import Baja Review - In Japanese!

Post by Guacamole »

Someone in Japan has a grey-import 03 Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcblBSNljjg
kensei
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Grey-Import Baja Review - In Japanese!

Post by kensei »

Thanks for the link! This Baja is in great shape and I noticed a couple of things. One, the steel wheels and white letter tires look better than I would have ever thought; perhaps it just complements the body color combo well. Maybe it's time to search Craigslist for some Forester steelies...

The other thing I found interesting was the rear turn signal/reverse light setup. I am guessing this was something that had to be done to meet Japanese vehicle standards? Some markets in the world require amber turn signals, I think. Maybe this was explained in the video...
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Most likely Japan's laws. Auto-generated subtitles are less than helpful.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (132.07 KiB) Viewed 20429 times
RedStage
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RedStage »

Yes, has to have amber turn signals. (lived in Japan for 16.5 years) most american cars over there that are brought in are modified to have amber lights and some times fender turn signals.
kensei
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kensei »

RedStage wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 am Yes, has to have amber turn signals. (lived in Japan for 16.5 years) most american cars over there that are brought in are modified to have amber lights and some times fender turn signals.
I wondered, thanks! I always though this would have been a much more logical setup for the rear lighting on the Baja. It seems as if it was designed to have the turn signals above the brake lights and the reverse lights in the clear section of the tailgate lights. Probably cheaper to combine things though, especially since the Baja wasn't sold where it would have been a requirement.
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

I'd like a walkie talkie to operate my lights and accessories, but I don't speak Japanese :( Dennis ( :) )
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Yellow 03 in Slovakia

Post by Guacamole »

Amazing how these little things wind up in the strangest places! This 03 classic is in Slovakia!
https://youtu.be/BycAb8D7ocg