Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

banner wrote:Well I decided to save myself the 550 bucks and made my own cover this last weekend.
Wow! That looks nice. (had to cut-and-paste URL into my browser). Looks a lot like OzzBros.
banner
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by banner »

jaxed wrote:
banner wrote:Well I decided to save myself the 550 bucks and made my own cover this last weekend.
Wow! That looks nice. (had to cut-and-paste URL into my browser). Looks a lot like OzzBros.
Thanks for the compliment! I think anything you make out of wood and fabric is going to look the same really. I put foam padding in mine though (I don't know if Ozz does that, I've never seen one) so you could sit or lay on it if you wanted to.
06 Baja N/A
Highlander
Scoobytruck Contributer

snug top parts wearing out??

Post by Highlander »

another question I posted a few pages back was to ask if there were replacement parts available - someone had posted their snug top fixture pieces had worn. never received replies??
I do like the looks - if you go to snug top website you used to be able to get a $20 savings coupon!!
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: snug top parts wearing out??

Post by bajabob »

Highlander wrote:another question I posted a few pages back was to ask if there were replacement parts available - someone had posted their snug top fixture pieces had worn. never received replies??
I do like the looks - if you go to snug top website you used to be able to get a $20 savings coupon!!
That would be me, and I'm still waiting for the dealer ship to get back to me. They are having trouble finding the correct parts numbers for the seals.

Bob
jeffporter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jeffporter »

A new Baja owner here. I'm leaving toward the OzzBros product but did want to ask those who have owned one for a year or more: Are you still happy with it? Any other advice?
jeffporter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jeffporter »

D'oh! That's "leaning" toward the OzzBros product.
greenmachine
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by greenmachine »

HI, new poster with a bedcover-less Baja. I have been researching
and so far looked at the SnugTop, Penda, Ozzbros but am more interested in the unit I see which I believe was included on 2005 Turbo's. In Canada we never had an available turbo so we have not seen this bed cover before.
Reading through the archives the last info I see the part number 91251AE00A was just the cover and not the hardware needed so it was unclear. Also there was some doubt whether it would fit a 2003-2004 Baja because the plastic surround was noted to be different on the 05 turbo model.
Anybody with an 05 Baja Turbo havesome feedback. Has anyone ever been successful with installed this particular cover on their vehicle?
Just wondering why I haven't seen more people opt for this one over the other options. It's around the same price as an Ozzbros by the time I pay shipping and duty. If it isn't going to work I will probably go with Ozzbros.
Any info would be appreciated

thanks
2003 Baja Limited 5speed,black
1987 Subaru GL 4x4 lifted
2006 WRX wagon
holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by holland_patrick »

nope everything is the same you just have to bolt it right in.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Satisfaction with Ozzbros?

Post by canuck37 »

Following up on this Ozzbros thread a bit.....
I live in Northern CA where it was 120 last week and stays over 100 for weeks on end in the summer. Has anyone had any experience with the Ozzbros cover in such temperature extremems lasting over time?? I see a lot of landau tops and convertible tops failing from heat and sun around here and was wondering if theirs would stand up to our extremes of heat and lots of rain in the winter....
rbombard
Scoobytruck Lurker

home made bed cover

Post by rbombard »

I already posted this on another part of this board, but here goes. I just completed my own bed cover this weekend for my 03 baja. I made a nice foamcore template in the process. If you live in northern VT and want to borrow the template drop me a line.
thanks,
Roger
Roger B.
Richmond, Vermont
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

sounds really sweet. Think you could post a couple of pics? I'll show some pics of something on my baja if you show me yours... :lol:
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
rbombard
Scoobytruck Lurker

Bed cover

Post by rbombard »

Here are some pics of my completed bed coverImage
[/img]
Roger B.
Richmond, Vermont
rbombard
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by rbombard »

another pic:

Roger B.
Richmond, Vermont
corgimas
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by corgimas »

okay...so after reading everything i can i take it:
-i am stuffed on trying to get the slick little penta cover
-stuffed on the factory part (may or not be a penta)
-going nowhere near the soft cover
-and stuck between a Ozzbros or the snugtop one???

i am getting our 2006 5 speed tomorrow....happened that one appeared here in RI!!!!yeah ha...

does the tailgate ALWAYS have that lock bump on the ozz bros one????rather not get too friendly if i happen to sit on the tail...
there are a few (okay more than a few) sailboat manufacturers in my town..mebbe i could find one who would make a glass top form me.....

rob
Kites Kayaks & Corgis
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

corgimas wrote: does the tailgate ALWAYS have that lock bump on the ozz bros one????rather not get too friendly if i happen to sit on the tail...
Yup, the tailgate always has the "lock bump"; I don' t find it a bother.