Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Highlander
Scoobytruck Contributer

only get about 3 years on the snug top...

Post by Highlander »

did anyone find the replacement pieces that had warn out?
Highlander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Highlander »

oops - "worn" out
jeffsmith
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jeffsmith »

I just installed my OzzBros Baja bed cover
and I am extremely pleased

it took me less than a 1/2 hour, and I am disabled

I do think purchasing the alternate strike plate is a must have
as installation with it is so easy as opposed to drilling holes
(unless crawling though the switchback into the enclosed truck bed
is your idea of "Fun" )
The Trouble With Normal is it Only Gets Worse
Silflay Hraka, u Embleer Rah!
I'll admit I needed a Life, but settled for a Fishing Boat
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

jeffsmith wrote:I do think purchasing the alternate strike plate is a must have as installation with it is so easy as opposed to drilling holes
(unless crawling though the switchback into the enclosed truck bed
is your idea of "Fun" )
I agree 100%. The alternate strike plate is a must.
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

Yes it is a must, It is well worth the extra money for the plate.

Fuzzy
WV BAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by WV BAJA »

Got an update from Roger at Ozzbros today. I had caught him on the road Monday last week to place my order, as he was returning from a Colorado fishing trip. Called to check shipping on my cover. He returned call saying as soon as he got back, he fell 9 feet from a ladder, needing 4 hour of surgery and a few days in hospital. Don't know all the details, as I got his call on phone mail. He is back to work, and sounded in good spirits. Hope he is recovering ok.
Ken in WV
RedHeckle
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by RedHeckle »

Greetings Fellow Baja Owners!!! Great site BTW.

My first post and my first question - I have (actually it's my wife's - I'm just jealous since I have a '99 Outback Sport) a 2005 and I want to ditch the soft bed cover and go for the OzzBros hard cover.

For those that went a similar route or anyone in fact, how did you cover up the mounting holes made to the plastic bed liner? I was thinking about using a silicone caulk to close up the holes, but I'm looking for a cleaner look. I have been checking around for replacement parts of a junked Baja but no luck so far.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks!!!
BahaRishi Steve
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BahaRishi Steve »

What's everyone paying for the Ozz? My dealer is now selling the Ozz for $499, installed.

I like the quality of the cover, but my only disappointment is the lack of any kind of support system to hold the lid up while accessing the bed. It looks pretty easy to make a custom support, possibly even a dual hydraulic shock setup that could be easily detached from the lid for removal.

Has anyone made there own support?
Kaeliomu
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Kaeliomu »

I would like to know too...I keep holding off buying so I get all the advice that will benefit me.
I know I am going with the Ozzbros!
BahaRishi Steve
Scoobytruck Lurker

Getting the Ozz installed tomorrow at my dealership for $495....can't beat that deal anywhere that I've found.
bajabeauty

My Snug Top install pics

Post by bajabeauty »

Here are some pics....I finally got it done. I'm happy w/ mine.

bajabeauty

Keyless Entry Bed Cover.

Post by bajabeauty »

I also got the keyless entry feature.....you get a snazzy set of Snug Top keys w/ a botton.....just remember, unlock your car first to turn off the alarm or your alarm will be activated as the trunk door opens. The bed extender works great with this too....there is just enough clearance for the bed extender to be flipped in and out and the door still locks shut even with the bed extender out.....if you want more pics I got 'em just ask. Here in Austin, @ Stones Truck Accessories they might give a deal to Subi freinds....if your interested....off the street it'll be 1,300 Here is another pic...Image
Last edited by bajabeauty on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BahaRishi Steve
Scoobytruck Lurker

Here's some pics of my new lid support I designed for my Ozz cover. I posted some pics with the support both painted and unpainted, so you can see the difference....either way, I think it looks pretty decent and works great. The last pic shows the mounting location, where you simply remove the two torx head 6mm screws that hold the liner to the bed.

banner
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by banner »

Well I decided to save myself the 550 bucks and made my own cover this last weekend. Came out pretty good, and I learned a few things that will make the next one easier (if I decide to make another one). I used dark blue material to match the truck. I haven't put a lock on it yet, I'm looking at my options and thinking of trying something electrical that I can tie into the Baja's lock system.

Here's a pic

06 Baja N/A
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

I think all the covers look pretty sharp but my favorite has to be the SnugTop. I like that it is color matched to the body, hides the black lip of the bed and doesn't require any permanent mods (right?) to the bed or liner. The one problem that I understand exists with this top is that it is one of the most difficult to remove in order to have full front to back clearance in the bed, mainly due to squeezing the front section in between the bars and the cab. The number of impromptu pick-big-crap-up-and-haul-it runs that I wind out doing has prevented me on committing to a cover of any sort.

-Pow