2" Spacers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

2" Spacers

Post by Ben Staad »

I saw where there are some 2" spacers for my 03.

I will need to find the link again however will 2"'s really make any difference to performance and/or looks?

Not sure it would be worth it or not. Anyone have experience with leveling or lifts for the BAJA?
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 2" Spacers

Post by ZUBAJA »

I have an 03 as well. Somewhere are before and after pics of mine and the lift. 2" lift ain't going to give you any more "performance". It WILL allow you to clear a lot of stuff the stock "low rider" suspension wouldn't have. You WILL need an alignment after installing the spacers. Dennis
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Looking at lifts here. I think you have experience with the company.

https://www.sjrlift.com/collections/2004-legacy

Any pros/cons and, since I don't have experience with this stuff, what is the difference between the 2 2" kits...for example I don't even know what trailing arm shims are and if I need them.
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

I made my own spacers (still in the process of making the REST of the spacers. I used a pair of upper strut mounts from the front and cut off everything but where they mount to the body, then I welded in 2" spacer blocks and tied them together like a triangle. Still to go are the engine / driveline LOWERING blocks and rear strut spacers.
Those do look like good, but pricey kits. What I don't like about many kits are they only use spacers, nuts, and longer bolts to attach things. I get concerned about this for when it comes time to change or replace a strut and the bolt only spins.
I found that my '03 really rode way too low. Just driving it onto the open space across the street for my initial pictures resulted in a plowing job. My front lift fixed this. Dennis
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Went ahead and placed the order. Looking forward to seeing how these work out.

https://www.sjrlift.com/collections/200 ... ailing-arm

Also found some tires once I get the Baja picked up a bit. Thinking of trying the Toyo Open Country A/T III

https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-at3

Still going to look around a little more before I buy these though.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

I hope you post everything about the spacers. I have been looking at the ADF spacers..and the pricetag attached to them. The ones you bought are almost half the cost.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

I will try. I'm not very good about taking photos and and recording progress that way. I looked at the ADF as well and thought they looked very nice. I liked that they coat their parts.
06Suparu wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 am I hope you post everything about the spacers. I have been looking at the ADF spacers..and the pricetag attached to them. The ones you bought are almost half the cost.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

Im more interested in what you think of the quality and fitment. I would love to see some pics of the actual parts in the kit.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

That should not be an issue. As an FYI I am only going 2"'s but did explore 2 1/2"s.

The manufacturer seemed to think 2 1/2" may be pushing things bit.
06Suparu wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:53 pm Im more interested in what you think of the quality and fitment. I would love to see some pics of the actual parts in the kit.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

My plan is new struts and springs with a 2" spacer kit. I dont need a huge change especially in the rear.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Yea. I probably should replace struts as well. Not sure I needs springs but that wouldn't be a bad idea. The price is mounting up though. :D

Any idea if there are better struts for the Baja when putting in spacers?
06Suparu wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm My plan is new struts and springs with a 2" spacer kit. I dont need a huge change especially in the rear.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

I havent been able to find struts or springs anywhere but a dealership
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

FYI. This is someone else's photo on this forum.

Just thought I would link it over here.

https://www.scoobytruck.com/bb/viewtopi ... d8f#p18480
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

For my 03' I was able to find KYB Struts at Autozone.
06Suparu wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 am I havent been able to find struts or springs anywhere but a dealership
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Not sure if the link works correctly but here is a short video with the spacers from SJR:

https://www.facebook.com/10000646732184 ... 1459688065