Divorcing my beloved Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Gottafly
Scoobytruck Lurker

Divorcing my beloved Baja

Post by Gottafly »

I have an '04 Baja that I've loved for all 12 years I've driven it. We've had a lot of great adventures. Sadly I think it's time to give it up. A trip across country with delays due to mechanical issues has my kids begging me to sell it. I'd love it to go to a Baja enthusiast even if it is only for parts. 205,000 miles, (100k on the transmission), and at this time it's FWD only due to a melted rear differential. After finally arriving in Arizona, the brake line sprung a leak and I'm Replacing that at this writing. I plan to drive it to San Francisco later this week, where I'll be getting a newer car. Any idea what it's worth? Or is there a place to list it so when someone is , say, stuck in some far flung Kansas town off I40 looking for a transmission or what not, they know where there is one?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (198.18 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
62willy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Divorcing my beloved Baja

Post by 62willy »

I have no idea what's worth, but I recently paid $800 for an 03 with a knock in the motor. Shop had started to pull motor and owner just turned over the title and left it. 4 years later, I was able to pick it up. Interior is perfect and only very minor cosmetic damage on exterior at passengers rear door. 174k miles. Car starts and runs fine with knocking noise. If you are close to that price range I would be interested as my wife seems to have laid claim to this one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Divorcing my beloved Baja

Post by anarchy1024 »

What did you end up doing with it? I'm just south of SF, and might be interested...