New Radio!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

dorelse
Scoobytruck Contributer

New Radio!

Post by dorelse »

I realize a lot of you guys probably like a touchscreen, but I guess I'm old school. Installed this one today and looks essentially stock.

Looks like the forum software is laying the photo over...sorry!
Attachments
WP_20160518_16_55_20_Pro.jpg
WP_20160518_16_55_20_Pro.jpg (279.66 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New Radio!

Post by bajaguy »

That looks really nice and clean! Not a fan of the double din and don't really need the cd player. It would be nice to see something like this with a single din. Well done.

Tangible buttons, IMO are definitely the safest (and least confusing) way to go.
starr-
Scoobytruck Master

Post by starr- »

Completely agree^ I don't mind the double din but I am sick of my touch screen... They are just too glitchy and too bright at night. This one looks really nice
I like it here.... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
dorelse
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by dorelse »

Its a Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT. Sounds great, and the matte black is almost an exact match to the Baja's dash. I'm very happy with the install. It sounds great, bluetooth streaming works seamlessly. I have not yet tried the BT calling feature, but without a remote mic, I expect that to be usable, but not great. We'll see.

The CD player is obsolete, but I got rid of that pop up door compartment that I never liked or used, so for me, its a perfect replacement. $160.00 ... well worth it IMO.
RedStage
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RedStage »

that is a nice looking stereo. nice job!
jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by jseabolt »

I'm wanting to replace my radio with one with an SD or USB memory stick slot. I currently use a VR3 MP3 player/tuner that plugs into the cigarette lighter and it sounds like crap.

I'm also going to remove my Sirius satellite radio panel I made a few years ago while I am at it. The subscription got ridiculous and I ended it several years ago. Anybody want to buy it (docking station, reciever, antenna, modulator, etc)?

Question: My Baja has the premium sound system with the bass cannon under the passenger seat.

First question: I was thinking about using a DUAL brand system like I have in my Fiat Spider. It's 60 watts per channel. Is this comparable to what is in my Baja right now?

Second question: I've hooked up lots of stereos in older cars but have never actually replaced a factory stereo with another one. I'll have to get a DIN mounting panel and a wiring harness but the question is how can I get my factory bass cannon to function with another radio? Does the wiring harness accommodate this? Most of these radios have RCA jacks in the back for a bass cannon.

Here are a couple of stereos from Crutchfield I'm looking at:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070XR4120/ ... ml?tp=5684

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_905KDX320B ... 01&tp=5684

I figured if I had any questions they could help me figure out what I need.
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB