Baja Dash Difference

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Nibbs
Scoobytruck Lurker

Baja Dash Difference

Post by Nibbs »

Anyone know why the dash bezel for the 03 is a different part than for the 04/05/06? Some jerk stole my radio and they were not gentle about it. Can't find a replacement, and they don't sell the 04/5/6 center dash piece anymore. I'd buy an 03 part if I thought it would fit and the color would be OK.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Maybe someone out there did the same replacement at some point.

~Ed
~Nibbs
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Baja Dash Difference

Post by anarchy1024 »

I thought the interior parts were the same on all Bajas, which are also the same as 00-04 Outbacks. There was another thread on here where someone swapped the wood-grain-finish pieces from a Legacy into a Baja, but I forget which it was.
I don't know why the part numbers are different, though... Maybe you can visit a local pick-and-pull scrap yard so you can directly compare the pieces yourself? Might be cheaper, too...
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

^
Yep, 03-06 Baja & 00-04 Legacy & Outbacks use the same dash panels, different colors though.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

They're all the same. Find the right one and you may get the one with the popout cup holder (I don't think the Baja ever had that, but if so, maybe that's the different part number thing)
Nibbs
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Nibbs »

Thanks, all. I thought all years were all the same too. I know all the legacy ones are woodgrain. That wouldn't be the end of the world, but probably wouldn't look too good. Not that the busted plastic that is in there now looks too good. In fact, it looks awful.

Well, I think I'm gonna try to get the one from the 03 and see if it fits. Will report back with findings.

~Ed
~Nibbs
dorelse
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by dorelse »

I'm planning on doing a carbon fiber water transfer to all the silver dash pieces at some point. I'm thinking that would look better. Just a thought.