how much would you pay for a used ARE cap

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

baybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

how much would you pay for a used ARE cap

Post by baybaja »

Just wanna know what a reasonable price would be for one of these babies used. Thanks for the input
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: how much would you pay for a used ARE cap

Post by kamesama980 »

You ask two very different questions: How much would I pay and how much is reasonable. My $.02 is this: while they're nice caps and not cheap new, there isn't exactly an overabundance of demand. Reasonable to ask, I would say, is 4-700 but be flexible. How much I'd pay is more toward the 400 end, less if it didn't match my color truck.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
baybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baybaja »

That answers both of my questions. Not sure what they retail now for but this guy selling his baja with cap is saying the cap retails 3000 new.
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

I priced one out for my last truck. $3k might be possible but it'd basically have to have every option they offer (gas shocks, weather seals, interior and exterior lighting, lining, etc) plus tax and shipping. "retail" probably isn't the right word since they haven't made our trucks in 10 years, most places haven't made parts in a few either. Generally that's called "NOS" or new-old stock (leftover old stock that hasn't been sold yet)
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
mikeeitup
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by mikeeitup »

Guy on CL wants 1800 I told him to pound salt. 3k is INSANE!!!! I'd pay 500-900 MAX for one. I don't care if they are rare, they are used and whatnot. That's ridiculous prices.