Resale question.....

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Resale question.....

Post by canuck37 »

Question for those knowledgable about resale values:
Would I get more $ from selling my 2003 NA (90k miles in excellent condition) with the ARE cap on, or taking the cap off and selling it separately....just hypothetical consideration at this point.
TastyHuman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Resale question.....

Post by TastyHuman »

I'd say it depends a LOT on how many Baja owner wannabes there are around who both want an ARE cap and are within driving distance of you.

I doubt there are too many that would want to pay for shipping. But I could be wrong.

You might try selling it as-is with the ARE price figured in, if someone balks due to price offer to remove it (if you think you could sell it separately) and discount accordingly.

Personally, I'd find the ARE cap a plus and be willing to pay for it if it was in good condition and the bed was evidently kept very dry by it.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

I’ve decided to sell the ARE cap from my ’03 NA Baja, as I will be selling the vehicle soon. This cap is about 4 years old and in excellent shape and has no major flaws.

It has 4 roof rack clips installed that allow for mounting of rain gutter type roof racks. Included in the sale are 2 Yakima roof rack bars, 2 Yakima rain gutter mounts, and 4 Yakima tower mounts that fit the standard Baja roof rails.

Price is $975 total, no shipping. Located in the greater Seattle area.

kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

You could list it as X for the truck with the cap, X-y without it. Is that dark blue? I'd make an offer if you were 1/10 as far away...
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back